draggin jeans?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on draggin jeans.

Another idea if you don't wanna fork over 90 for draggin jeans:

Go to Tandy Leather, buy close-out chaps leather (last trip a whole side was $36), and "Leather Weld" glue.

Buy some jeans, or take a pair you already have, turn them inside out.

Cut a piece for each knee, and a piece to cover your hiney. Glue them in!

(Reminder -- turn jeans right side out prior to using)

Very comfy, works good, have riden in rain -- no prob. and no kevlar to wear the knees, just nice comfy leather :D

Total Cost: your jeans + $10 to add some leather inside them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear mine for local trips. However, if I'm going to be on the road six plus hours/ day; several days in a row, I can't wear them as the Kevlar works the on the skin on my legs and makes it raw in places. Perhaps I move around too much?

jim

:) I've got a couple pairs of them and will probably buy another soon.

I like them a lot and it gives me a little peice of mind knowing that if I go down I won't have as much road rash as a regular pair of jeans.

As far as shrinkage, I just do what I can to minimize that; i.e., wash them in cold water and when drying them put them in under low heat for a couple of cycles.

If anyone has any suggestions on pants that give you great protection that are comfortable in our 100-115 degree Texas summer heat yet don't look like a pair of power ranger pants on steroids, I would love to hear about your solution. (Yes I have a full Aerostich Suit for colder weather or long trips.)

The only "improvement" I would suggest to "Draggin Jeans" is I wish they would make them with a "gusset" crotch as you still have to stand up in the saddle after about two hours to give the guys a breather.

Scott

Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh pants or First gear AIR mesh pants. I have a pair of each and wear them in the summer with just jogging shorts on underneath. Keeps you nice and cool. Yes, they are not jeans, but don't look worse than wearing a motorcycle jacket.

I wonder how TOUGHSKIN jeans would compare to Draggin Jeans?

Any of you older farts get that one?

I've been wearing them for years and love them. I usually wear the optional knee armor -- in fact, wore them for an entire Iron Butt cc50 a few years back and was comfy the whole way. It's not going to be as safe as a 'stich or other armored pants, but you gotta get the gear you're going to wear and I only wear my overpants in the rain.

First post, by the way. Just replaced my ancient Concours with an 03 FJR that I pick up tomorrow... :D

I've been wearing them for years and love them. I usually wear the optional knee armor -- in fact, wore them for an entire Iron Butt cc50 a few years back and was comfy the whole way. It's not going to be as safe as a 'stich or other armored pants, but you gotta get the gear you're going to wear and I only wear my overpants in the rain.
First post, by the way. Just replaced my ancient Concours with an 03 FJR that I pick up tomorrow... :D
WELCOME...

anyone know where one could get the draggin cargo pants in the us? i've only seen links for them in australia and canada.

I don't see whats so gay about chaps. I think they are way comfy and feel almost natural.

logo%20chaps%20du%20web%201.JPG

... somebody had to

Do the draggin jeans have a tag sewn on them anyplace that specifically says Kevlar?
Picture003.jpg
Picture002.jpg
Front, Back-Insideout- Kevlar placement. Above70 degrees starts getting hot to wear.

edit added- There is a tag- But not attached to kevlar sections- can't read too faded, might just be wash instructions.

Thanks SmokeWagon! IHRA has modified their rules this year and my local drag strip has changed the way they interpret the rules. This year you can wear .025mm S&M leather because it is leather. You can wear Harley chaps with your butt hanging out, no problem. You can't wear textile based clothing in spite of armor, double stitched rip-stop seams and straps that hold it all in place.

Last year they accepted a variety of Kevlar/Nylon mixes regardless of name -- such as Cordura, Ballistic Nylon and Stretch Kevlar Blend that exceeds racing leather. This year the garment must have a tag sewn on that explicitly says Kevlar. Even though Cordura is made with Kevlar it doesn't say that, so it is not acceptable.

I will be looking into Draggin jeans to wear under my better than leather riding suit. As a bonus my riding suit has very good armor too. If it ever quits raining I will be off to New England Dragway.

Smoke, nice avatar. Showing my age a bit, my cousin and I built a lot of Rat Fink models in the early sixties.

I was reading about draggin jeans ( i have a pair) . Someone had a pic of them after a wreck and they were pretty torn up. If theyre armoured that may help...it was something like while you could slide on your butt like in the pics on the website...actual impact of hitting the ground is different. I just bought a one piece suit from alpinestars, 360...figured that way i would have no choice but to wear full armour. I rode 13 hours in it last monday...in 90 degree heat...it was warm but not bad at all when moving. It prolly is more of a suit for 75 and under weather though. Really close to a four season suit though. I wore an underarmour shirt to help keep me cool too. Helped a lot. Its good looking though...better than aerostich...looks good on a slim frame too...italian made...less money. Will wear mesh and draggin jeans for really hot days. Now i need something for the fiance...

Drew

Personally I don't give a damn how I look. I wear the Cycleport (motorport.com) Cordura outfit and love it. Yes it's bulky, yes it has armor as thick or thicker than any i've seen, and yes it breathes really well. I don't have the liner so mine is not waterproof and that's exactly how I want it. I'll never buy a waterproof protective jacket because it can't possibly breathe as well as a non-waterproof jacket. I'd rather just throw on my Frogg Toggs for the few times I hit rain. I ride much more often on clear hot days and thus want air to flow through my gear..

Cycleport will be the only gear I'll ever wear. Styliish-no, but it is the best gear out there to save your butt. Isn't that really why you purchase "protectiive " gear in the first place?

BMort