Drain Plug Swaping

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c10

Reaction score
I performed my first service myself . After changing oil/filter I moved to the rear end . The drain plug there has a magnet OEM and thread pattern is the same as the Oil drain . However I had already added engine oil so I couldnt look up the OIL drain to see if there was clearence for the magnet from the rear end drain plug .

Has anyone ever ordered a extra rearend drain plugh and placed it in the Oil pan drain ?

Thank you ! I will order one on Tuesday from my local dealer . I noticed some particals on the magnet ( not concerned new bike / rear end gears breaking in )

But do you capture any amount out of the engine oil ? I have not seen the oil pan design inside . Wonder if there is enough oil flow past the magnet to capture anything

$5

works fine

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Drain-Plug-Goldwing-76-12-GL1800-Gold-Wing-/160712079404?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item256b2fb82c

728f_12.JPG

Sorry, I can't help but ask, 'WHY?"

Your engine has an oil filter. Your final drive doesn't. If it was at all beneficial, I'm sure the Yamaha engineers would have put one in there in the first place.

For you anal retentive types, go ahead and ignore what I just said and continue throwing money away on magnetic oil drain plugs, 500 mile oil changes, and premium gas. :blink:

Your engine has an oil filter. Your final drive doesn't. If it was at all beneficial, I'm sure the Yamaha engineers would have put one in there in the first place.

For you anal retentive types, go ahead and ignore what I just said and continue throwing money away on magnetic oil drain plugs, 500 mile oil changes, and premium gas. :blink:
You really need to stop making sense. There will always be some that have to do it their own way. Now go drink some of Don's beer, that makes sense. ;)

You really need to stop making sense. There will always be some that have to do it their own way. Now go drink some of Don's beer kool-aid, that makes sense. ;)
Fixed for ya...

Like I always say...People paying for solutions to problems that don't exist. Sometimes I wish I had more money than brains.