Driver Backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
I have seen posts on backrests for the FJR but have not heard of anyone using a backrest for the driver. I know the slightly forward riding position on the FJ might not lead one to to use a backrest, but has anyone used them and did it improve the ride? Haven't ridden one yet so just don't really know if it will work. Thanks, Painman. <>< :huh:

I have not used a driver backrest on the FJR, however I did strap some gear to the back seat a couple of times that intruded into the front seating space. The result was the same effect as a low driver backrest. I kinda liked it. It was low, only just higher than the belt line. I didn't rely on it, but it was nice to be able to shift a little every now and then and lean back on it. Not bad.

Rich's really has some great looking seats and Doug Chapman's seat is exactly the type of seat that would do me fine I believe. Thanks for the replies and that link zzkenoman and I noticed you have put some bad hurt on the slots. Diddo's, PM. <>< :D