Droid w/Starccom solutions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Evil

Reaction score
So, is anyone using a Droid with their Starcom? Do they make a direct cable for it? Will the iPhone cable work? I mean, it's just a 3.5mm 4-pole jack, right? Am I stuck spending $120 for a bluetooth module? What's the deal? I just talked to Jeff @ BikeEffects, but he's as unsure as I am. :unsure: Thanks!

-- John

Just saw the double "c"s in the title... :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just thinking about this today at work… I have a Motorola Droid and will be soon purchasing a Starcom. Would be really nice if I didn’t have to get off the bike for those weekend on-call sessions. :glare:

Edit: Just sent an email to Tecstar... let's see what they have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theoretically, the iPhone cable will work, it's just a bog-standard 3.5 mm, 4-pole jack. BUT, in talking to Jeff, he hinted that there might be some sort of problem with that. He didn't elaborate (because he wasn't sure himself) but I immediately saw in my head visions of improper impedances and similar horrors. Jeff says he's going to get back to me tomorrow, so we'll find out.

I have a Droid Eris and Starcom 1 Advance. However, Droid is bluetooth'd to my Zumo 550, which is then hardwired to the Starcom. I can make and receive calls fine.

Here is what Tecstar has to say... looks like we are on our own to figure it out.

I don’t know this phone and it usually takes about 6 months after a new phone is released for the information to be available to produce a cable. We are working on a blue tooth solution.
Regards

Tony Starling

So I met up with Jeff from BE yesterday, we tried it out, and the Droid DOES work with the iPhone cable. (PHO-30)

I have a Droid Eris and Starcom 1 Advance. However, Droid is bluetooth'd to my Zumo 550, which is then hardwired to the Starcom. I can make and receive calls fine.
+1 ^^

Motorola Droid A855 linked to an Autocom via Bluetooth Dongle / Garmin 2820 = no problemo!