DROPPED IT!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_W

Reaction score
Uphill right hand turn in stop and go traffic. Coming to a stop I downshifted from second. Just as I was completely stopped traffic started moving again so I eased out the clutch and gave a little throttle. Uh-oh, I'm in neutral. Pull clutch back in and shift into first. The bike lurched enough to throw me off balance and there was no way for me to catch it.

I believe the gouges in the mirror stalk and the back of the mirror housing would have been the only problem if I had not had the N/Line dash shelf. As it is, the mirror glass is FUBAR, as the mirror cannot fold completely in with the dash shelf installed.

So, if anyone has an '07 right mirror assembly I'd be obliged to take it off your hands. I don't want to replace mine with FZ1 mirrors.

you can order one from yamaha already painted ,they are around 100 dollars,I know been there done that

Uphill right hand turn in stop and go traffic. Coming to a stop I downshifted from second. Just as I was completely stopped traffic started moving again so I eased out the clutch and gave a little throttle. Uh-oh, I'm in neutral. Pull clutch back in and shift into first. The bike lurched enough to throw me off balance and there was no way for me to catch it.
I believe the gouges in the mirror stalk and the back of the mirror housing would have been the only problem if I had not had the N/Line dash shelf. As it is, the mirror glass is FUBAR, as the mirror cannot fold completely in with the dash shelf installed.

So, if anyone has an '07 right mirror assembly I'd be obliged to take it off your hands. I don't want to replace mine with FZ1 mirrors.
I think I have an '06 right spare mirror and stalk a former member of the forum gave me. Been a couple years so I'd have to check exactly. Has a little rash. If you want me to look for it I'll pass it forward. You could have that painted.

I think I have an '06 right spare mirror and stalk a former member of the forum gave me. Been a couple years so I'd have to check exactly. Has a little rash. If you want me to look for it I'll pass it forward. You could have that painted.
Thanks for the offer but Silent has one for an '07.

I just want to add - anyone who has not added sliders to the FJR should really reconsider.

I can only imagine the damage that would have been caused to the fairings if I had not had sliders.

Shoulda bought an AE, wouldn't have had that problem :D

Sorry to hear about it, these things can be real pigs at times....

Ugh! Sorry to hear that. Yeah, my heavy little baby has tried to lay down for a nap a few times on me, but so far so good.

Ugh! Sorry to hear that. Yeah, my heavy little baby has tried to lay down for a nap a few times on me, but so far so good.
My last bike was a Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic - lower center of gravity but heavier.

I learned on that bike - when she starts going just let her go. Too much chance of wrenching the back (or worse). Just let it fall and pick it back up.

I just want to add - anyone who has not added sliders to the FJR should really reconsider.
I can only imagine the damage that would have been caused to the fairings if I had not had sliders.
AMEN BROTHER!! Been There, Done that!!

Got my sliders installed after my first episode!

Glad it's all better. (Former AMSC. VA-93 on the USS Midway in Japan, then Roosevelt Roads in Puerto Rico.)

Had a blast! Glad I'm not doing that NO MO!!

Happy Trails!