Dumbass helmet question?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And speaking of resources, for helmets, this is gold >>> https://www.webbikeworld.com/Reviewed-motor...ts/Products.htm.They kind of shit on Rayban's Schuberth, but they offer great reviews. And I'll not buy another helmet without checking both resources.
I'll agree that webbikeworld is a great resource for all kinds of gear, helmets included. But believe them when they say that perceived noise in helmets is totally unpredictable from one person to another. That's why have a page dedicated to helmet noise. I bought an expensive helmet that they said was quiet in their tests and it's by far the noisiest helmet I own. If you can find a place like Cycle Gear here in Sacramento that will let you test ride a helmet that's only way to know if it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Fulmer flip-up and it whistles loudly if I roll down the window. I put electrical tape over the seams and that helped, but it was still very noisy. I bought a RF-1000 and it is MUCH quieter, but I wish it had a removable liner so I could wash it.