• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dunlop Roadsmart Tires Group Buy thru Aug 30th, 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trent - Are your PR2's from the last CC buy spent? I just mounted mine a few months back, they're still like new!

Hey guys I live about 10 miles from Cycle City and have dealt with Jr and Cycle City (CC has been around for many years and Jr & company now have the reins and are really reaching out, great bunch), they are good people! Enjoy your goodies!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trent - Are your PR2's from the last CC buy spent? I just mounted mine a few months back, they're still like new!
Hey guys I live about 10 miles from Cycle City and have dealt with Jr and Cycle City (CC has been around for many years and Jr & company now have the reins and are really reaching out, great bunch), they are good people! Enjoy your goodies!!!
Yep, my tires are spent. We had a 10-day ride and lots of all day rides over the last few months and the tires are done. Funny story, when I was in jr high I lived in Santa Ana and we would ride over to their store to check out all of their stuff. The lady that use to run the place was the same lady up until a few years ago when jr and his father purchased the place. That was MANY years ago and she remembered me and I remembered her. I believe in supporting local business or they will all be gone so doing this for the group and for them is a win/win. I can't wait to get those new tires on! :yahoo:

Can you do a package of just a front and rear Storm? I need to order a set next week.
Call Jr or email him and he will set you up directly. I don't see a problem with him doing this for you Todd at a good price.

I thought I could swing it and hold on until I get paid on the 4th. That won't happen.... there's another set available for somebody else out there. :D
There is a high probability that this will continue through next month. The reason why it had to end by the end of this month is because there is a rumor that Dunlop could do a 5% increase in their tires. My guess is we have a 80% chance the rates will stay the same and a 20% change they will increase by 5%. Either way there should be a deal on her for next month after talking to Jr.

I thought I could swing it and hold on until I get paid on the 4th. That won't happen.... there's another set available for somebody else out there. :D
There is a high probability that this will continue through next month. The reason why it had to end by the end of this month is because there is a rumor that Dunlop could do a 5% increase in their tires. My guess is we have a 80% chance the rates will stay the same and a 20% change they will increase by 5%. Either way there should be a deal on her for next month after talking to Jr.
Thanks. I'll hope for the best. Thanks again for setting this up.

Hey Guys!

Junior from Cycle City Here!

I wanted to introduce myself to you guys (in the new member section) and answer some questions I saw in here.

Little update for you on your PR2 questions-

---------------------Pilot Road 2 info-------------

I had speculated that there might be a new version of this tire coming, because of the availability issues and hopefully fixing some of the problems that some of you members have pointed out on this forum. I spoke with a couple different reps this weekend and they are not planning on releasing anything new in the sport touring market. The only 2010 release that has been confirmed was a lightweight sport/race tire to fit between the Pilot power 2ct and Power one race tire.

The reason for availability issues currently is due to the fact that Michelin decided to change their manufacturing plant to a different location and the move has not gone as smoothly as anticipated. They say the tires will be back in full force within the next month or two

Hope this helps!

Thank you Trent for your ongoing support and help with these group buys, and thank you to all of your support and interest in these buys.

Any other questions you have on tires or on this dunlop / avon deal, please direct it to me at [email protected]

You guys seem to have an awesome online community here, it's really what the world of motorcycles needs. Congrats!

BMWHD- Yes I can, contact me directly for pricing. Thanks!

I contacted Junior and requested pricing for a set of Avon Storms. He responded very quickly, with a very competitive price. I'll place the order as soon as I get back from the Iron Butt Rally checkpoint in St. Charles, IL.

Thanks for arranging the Group Buy, Trent.

Super thanks to Junior for getting me a set of Avon Storm's in less than 24 hours! and beating SWmoto tire on price to boot! Woo Hoo!

Hey guys! Thanks to everyone who participated this past week in the group buy.

I apologize to those of you whom it was a little bit of a short notice for, however I'm going to try my hardest to put together some more specials for the month of September.

As Trent stated earlier, I am anticipating a Dunlop increase, and there has been rumor from Pirelli, Michelin, and Avon as well,so I'm just waiting for the 1st to find out where we will be at with pricing.

I hope I am able to save you guys some money and keep your tires fresh.

Dunlop and Avon I am able to have to pretty much any state within a day or two. Michelin's will take a little bit more time, but hopefully as stock improves we can get together another group buy on those.

Thanks again guys, you all have been a pleasure to deal with!

And of course, Thanks to Trent for all of his involvement and work for this community.

Keep it rubber side down fellas