Duped!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrdan

Reaction score
Last summer after returning from a 20 day ride up into Canada and multiple national parks I sell both my ST1300 and V-Strom. I was done with such nonsense. Crf450r's only from here on out. Well, one day while surfing the web I stumbled upon this forum. And what did I find? Topics such as:-

What year is best?

AE or clutch?

Which windshield is best?

Which seat should I buy?

Wheelies - Do you?

Can '03-'05 FJR cosmetics be used on an '06-'09 FJR?

FJR Year differences

french police on fjr

Problems with Pilot Road 2's?

Air pressure for cold tires....

We don’t need no stinking 6th gear in the FJR

Shinko's anyone???

Vibration at 4000 rpms

Reading about the "Tick" is freaking me out!

Vibration around 100-110mph?

'uneven' tire wear

what engine oil are you using?

How hot does your FJR get...

Where Does The Other .23 Quart Go?

etc, etc.

To say "compelling reading" would be an understatement.

You guys and gals are good. I was oblivious to what you were really up to.

Ol' Ordrock even found out somehow that I was quite the archer in my youth and started this thread https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=125313

How much longer could I hold out?

Then you guys goad IRONHORSE (great guy by the way) into putting his 07AE up for sale on the forum. Just to see if I was ready to take the bait. My wife is even in cahoots with you. She says "well since you are flying out of Vegas to LA to ride it back we could go see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian."

So, now I'm the proud owner of a 2007AE.

You guys suck!!! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
So much information..... and you've barely even scratched the surface. There is everything you could possibly wish to know about the FJR, how to ride it, where to go on it. And then all kind of life advice too. There's a guy called Bustanut Joker who gives relationship counseling. You can get a free membership of the CandyButt association, as well as reading about the Iron Butt association.

It's a good place to be!

fjrdan,

What a well written introduction...interesting perspective from the outside.

Many Happy Miles & Smiles to ya!

Welcome to the forum, fjrdan, and here`s to many happy miles. Now let`s talk about car tires.

slo.

Looks like you missed the thread on 90 degree valves and the correct windshield washer fluid level and fill location!

Welcome!

A test ride on a co-worker's 07 FJR is what convinced me I wanted the FJR over the other two contenders; it's a great bike! (07 or 08, but black is still faster, if it has silver rims.)

WOW. An apparent easy mark when it comes to selling you on the list of farkles you MUST INSTALL!!

Conga rats -- great bike, great forum.

Welcome...

There is a weekend, or perhaps a day ride for you, near your neighborhood:

Death Valley, Thursday March 11th coming home Sunday March 14th. Some are staying in Lone Pine and riding in each day and others are at the Longstreet Inn in Amargosa Valley, a few clicks north of Pahrump (?).

There's a current topic on this under the 'California' section.

Maybe we'll see you there.

Welcome to the chaos.... once you check in, you never check out......

This is just the beginning. :dribble:

Congats on the new FJR!! Enjoy and be safe.

Does your 450R look anything like this one??

windham2.jpg

Welcome Dan, Great intro! :)

Yeh, we have no life, latest oil recomendations, recomended tire pressures, you know the drill. Only excitement around here is mammals and sheep.

Dave

Yes! Reeled in another one. Nice work, gang. Put another notch in the belt and get back out there. Resistance is futile.

Welcome! (which is simply the start of phase 2 in the plan)