E52 and Sr346 Compatiblity

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I did a search but didn't come up with much. Sorry if this has been covered.

I just bought a sr346 off ebay and the E52 from JerseyEd. I got the rack mounted tonight but darkness set in and I could not get the case to lock to the base. :angry2: I tried a few times but have given up for the night but it is killing me that I couldn't get it to lock. Is there a trick? Any suggestions?? Plan to try again in the am.

Thanks

Fred

Hello,
I did a search but didn't come up with much. Sorry if this has been covered.

I just bought a sr346 off ebay and the E52 from JerseyEd. I got the rack mounted tonight but darkness set in and I could not get the case to lock to the base. :angry2: I tried a few times but have given up for the night but it is killing me that I couldn't get it to lock. Is there a trick? Any suggestions?? Plan to try again in the am.

Thanks

Fred
==========================================================================================

============

Yes the trick is to open the top case and push down on it in the latch area. Givi makes a nice snug fit with the case and the monokey mount. You should hear a nice loud click when you get it locked in. It may get easier as it wears but I have always had to do this trick on my Givi trunks. The nice thing is it won't be bouncing around with that nice tight fit.

Eric

Yep, operator error. :unsure: Took care of it after work. The rack I purchased had the adapter for the lights. Took it out and the box attached easily.

Thanks

Fred