Ear Fuze Discount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was going to pull the trigger also and went looking on the net. it was an easy google for "review earfuze". I read a bunch and I'm on the fence. Most give the earbuds themselves a good review. But I can't imagine they touch my sony hundred buck buds???

incidently the "lite" is the same just doesn't give you enough spooge for a practice run.

charges 5 bucks shipping which is fair.

i got the feeling from the reviews that they are always this price on ebay?

anyone else researching?

well that's a serious deficiency and explains the price.

wonder if their spooge or some other would work with better ear buds?

why isn't the frequency response of these ear buds listed on the website? if they're good quality in sound, surely the vendor would publish this spec (as well as a couple others, it woudl seem). i'm being a bit suspicious on this...

just looked up livewires by earpeace for $249 which get audiophile reviews but I would expect it given the price. The connector is also a little different coming into the ear at a 90 angle which might pose a problem being under the helmet.

anyone wearing these?

wonder if their spooge or some other would work with better ear buds?
My thoughts, too. Why not use your own, high-quality earbuds, and just put their goop around them for a custom fit?
That's what I thought this was. Just the stuff to put around your own Ear buds. I have some Skullcandy's that would be good candidates for these. My only question is, what kind of sound attenuation would you expect with these? It looks like you retain the stock silicon part that goes inside your ear canal and their spooge just fills the outer ear shell for support.

Guess I'd like to hear more 1st hand testimony.

I just added them to the wish list I gave the wife and kids for Christmas ideas for me.

The price was good but the idea of molding your own ear plugs was really intriguing.

I figure I'll try their buds w/o the goop first for sound, then if they don't sound good I'll use my own with the goop.

I'll post results but it may take a while....like 3 weeks or so.

just looked up livewires by earpeace for $249 which get audiophile reviews but I would expect it given the price. The connector is also a little different coming into the ear at a 90 angle which might pose a problem being under the helmet.
anyone wearing these?
I've got Westone UM-2s which are in the same conceptual market space as yours.

I use them with Shure 'triple flange' inserts. They work fairly well, but placement is critical for sound isolation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using them for about a year. The sound is not the same as my Shure SE420's, but when yor doing fwy speeds, I really don't think this matters much. What does matter is that it provides some basic hearing protection (I had major ear ringing after day long rides, now alomost none), and I can listen to my favorite tunes, without blasting my skull or the other drivers around me. Also, the service has always been great. I had a small problem a few months ago, and they made it right. I also bought sets as gifts for friends, and transactions were smooth.

I guess you cound get some silicone and do this yourself, but for the price, and hassle, this was a no-brainer for me. Also helped to watch the on-line instructional video....

Last edited by a moderator:
bramfrank, OK i get it. ame thing i'm doing with my in ear sony (although cheaper).

as stated above the molded to ear intrigues me to avoid having to turn up the volume to cheat wind noise.

sounds like we got enough bites for the ear fuze to get some reviews.

bramfrank, OK i get it. ame thing i'm doing with my in ear sony (although cheaper).
as stated above the molded to ear intrigues me to avoid having to turn up the volume to cheat wind noise.

sounds like we got enough bites for the ear fuze to get some reviews.

Yes exactly. My dislike of any other earbud type device to date is that even the better sealing ones won't stay in place correctly when donning a (properly sized) helmet. If the seal is not there, if you aren't able to attenuate enough road noise, then you have to crank up the volume to overcome that road noise and end up injecting even more sound pressure into your ears, actually doing more damage to your hearing than doing nothing.

I'm a picky SOB and so should be able to give a thorough test when I get them. Not so much about their audiophile quality (I'll leave that to others) but as to how well they work on a motorcycle.

incidently, plunking around the ear fuze site I found a link to a permanent "forum" discount. it does not seem to expire if anyone was still looking.

www.earfuze.com/forum

incidently, plunking around the ear fuze site I found a link to a permanent "forum" discount. it does not seem to expire if anyone was still looking.
www.earfuze.com/forum
Thanks, got here late.

Gonna give this a try with the RenoJohn recommended skull candy buds that I've been using for all my '08 riding.

dougc