Ear Fuze Discount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Skull Candy too. They work well for me also. Cheap sound good enough, fit well and reduce outside sound. I did by a pair of Ear Fuze for an Xmas gift for one of my kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
These may be good, but there are tutorials on the Net to make your own with better quality speakers.

These may be good, but there are tutorials on the Net to make your own with better quality speakers.
any linkage?
I hesitate to do that because this is in the middle of a Group Buy, but Google is your friend - natetrue headphones
Hey there!

Did you try this? I didnt' take the time to register on his site and post a comment plus the thread was sort of old. If you have experience I'd like to hear (no pun intended) how it went. I also wondered why you couldn't put in your earbuds and then pack your ear with the goop. The bud would be there instead of having to install adn it would keep you from getting too deep in the canal with the goop.

Thoughts?

I don't have experience with this; I just did a quick search and there it was.

I will try it, though, as it's inexpensive and looks as if will work.

+1

I'm thinking to do the same thing except I'll use my sony mdr-ex71 buds. I'm thinking take off the silicone earbuds and drill the mold to accomodate the earphone. A little bit of additional dremel work and I bet even the outside could look pretty flush?

Thanks Spyda,

Also, there is no group buy. The "forum discount" that was mentioned is if you are memeber of EarFuze's forum, not ours. So no worries about raining on anyone's parade.

Do any of you earfuze buyers have a review you could share? I use Shure EC3 in-ear, but the wind noise is still a bit high at highway speeds. Do these better block the wind??

Do any of you earfuze buyers have a review you could share? I use Shure EC3 in-ear, but the wind noise is still a bit high at highway speeds. Do these better block the wind??
I'll share my experience.

The kit works well, the goop is easy to mix and apply, the final product fits well cuz it is custom and is fairly easy to put on and off.

Before I did the goop I tried their buds and they sounded tinny like too much highs, compared to my stock iPod buds. So, I decided to use the iPod buds and the fuze goop. Due to the way the iPod buds are built compared to the earfuze buds I had to make an adjustment once they were set up. The iPod buds could come out of the set up goop so I used a little super glue on each to hold it to the molded goop. They are holding up well.

They block a fair amount of noise but not total blocking. That may be a good thing since it lets in some road noise and maybe that is safer. Here is the odd thing or the agrevating thing: the iPod buds in the molded inserts now sound too low. So, maybe the earfuze buds would have sounded right if I had used them (tinny before without the molded inserts might be less tinny with the molded inserts).

One last thing about fit. I have a large HJC and a large Nolan helmets. The Nolan has always been narrow and I used a croquet ball and ball pean hammer on the inside so my ears could stand to be in there for more than 1/2 hour. This was before the ear fuzes. With the earfuzes in my ears the HJC works but the Nolan presses the molds against my ear and it is painful. If you have a helmet that is tight on your ears the ear fuzes may not be the way to go.

All in all I'm glad I've got them and use them. But having tunes on the bike is not a necessity for me but a nice break every so often on long rides, maybe an hour or so several times a day during a day long ride. I've never used them on my 1/2 hour commute to and from work. And having great sound quality is not all that important either, to me. Just my $0.02.

Hope this helps.

My experience was not even as successful as Lee's. I too tested the ear speakers that came with the EarFuze kit and thought they didn't sound too hot. So rather than use the extra goop for practice as the instructions suggest, I opted to attempt to put the goop on one side of a good sounding pair of JVC earspeakers that I have. That experiment was a failure as the goop did not form securely enough to the earbud.

With the remaining two goops provided, I followed the instructions and used their included smaller cheesy ear phones. The one for my right ear came out OK but, probably because my left ear canal is particularly large, the ear bud on that side got turned in the goop while forming and so that one is somewhat cock-eyed. They both fit securely into my outer ear and I believe they will be comfortable inside a helmet for me. The main problem is that the main attenuation seal is the round silicone tip that comes on the ear bud. The goop only forms into the outer ear cup and helps support the speakers, but doesn't attenuate much of anything. The amount of sound attenuation was much less that what I require inside a helmet. I am also not thrilled with the sound quality of the provided earspeakers, so really have no use for these outside of helmet.

My vote: :no2:

Your results may vary.

I'm back to earplugs and helmet speakers.

I've got a set and am satisfied with them, but...

1.) I'm not too picky about sound quality. Mine definitely lack bass, but I think it's because my ear canals are very small and the earbuds don't fit very far inside my ear and therefore are not positioned to provide the best sound quality.

2.) I used all of the goop when I molded them, but they turned out to be way too thick and put pressure on my ears that became painful after an hour or so in the helmet. I used a razor blade to shave off some (~40%) of the thickness and now I can wear them all day.

3.) I ride in some very cold temperatures and the molds get very brittle and crack when they are frozen. I think it happens when putting on or taking off my helmet. I've had to use super glue several times on them to stop the cracks from spreading.

You get what you pay for. I think they're worth about 34 bucks.

3.) I ride in some very cold temperatures and the molds get very brittle and crack when they are frozen. I think it happens when putting on or taking off my helmet. I've had to use super glue several times on them to stop the cracks from spreading.
You are hardcore if you ride in temperatures that freeze plastic. Way to go.

You are hardcore if you ride in temperatures that freeze plastic. Way to go.
Ok, frozen is not the correct term. In temps between 0 and +20, they get less pliable? More rigid? You get the idea. Jeesh!

:)