Easy Way To Add Coolant

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bust-A-Cap

Reaction score
I needed to add coolant to the antifreeze tank but I didn't like the possibility of having to remove the left side fairing to do it. I got around that cumbersome task by using the same fuel filler that nitro radio control car enthusiasts use to add fuel to the tanks of their cars. You can get one at most hobby shops where they sell rc cars or planes and it only costs a few bucks. Problem solved and it's drip free.

I use a long neck beer bottle. Just loosen the retainer that holds the cap on the reservoir enough so you can get the cap up and to the side to get it off, then just reach the long neck in there and pour.

Funny this should just come up, I had to do this yesterday. Per a suggestion on this forum I bought a $2 turkey baster at Wallyworld and it worked like a charm!

I use a long neck beer bottle. Just loosen the retainer that holds the cap on the reservoir enough so you can get the cap up and to the side to get it off, then just reach the long neck in there and pour.
What kind of beer, and what's the boiling, freezing points ? :lol:

Something like Budweiser or Coors will do, as long as you don't actually drink the stuff. :D

Something like Budweiser or Coors will do, as long as you don't actually drink the stuff. :D
Agree, I thought that stuff was only good as an antifreeze anyway.