ECU

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikemiser

Reaction score
The shop ordered an ECU for the altitude recall, several weeks ago. They tell me it is on back order. Is anyone else having trouble getting a new one installed ?

Thanks for any comments,

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
The shop ordered an ECU for the altitude recall, several weeks ago. They tell me it is on back order. Is anyone else having trouble getting a new one installed ?Thanks for any comments,

Jim
Yep...me too. I had the bike in for the ignition switch recall and decided to do the ecu as well. The dealer told me the part was on back order with no word on availability. Dealer also asked why I wanted to do the ECU since I live near sea level! I had to explain sport/TOURING to the kid. Geeeez.

Same here.. Had the ignition switch done and the service mgr. noted that the ECU needed to be updated. He ordered me one, but last week called and told me it's on "backorder". No idea when it will get in. Wonder whassup with that?? :unsure:

Same here.. Had the ignition switch done and the service mgr. noted that the ECU needed to be updated. He ordered me one, but last week called and told me it's on "backorder". No idea when it will get in. Wonder whassup with that?? :unsure:

Yep, its been about three weeks, no ECU update.... :angry: Really sucks since I'm planning to do a mountain ride soon.

Yep, its been about three weeks, no ECU update.... :angry: Really sucks since I'm planning to do a mountain ride soon.
Just in case you don't get your new ECU in time for the mountain ride , keep this in mind. Wide open throttle every once in awhile or stopping and turning the bike off will do the same thing and adjust your old ECU to a new altitude.

Mac

Just in case you don't get your new ECU in time for the mountain ride , keep this in mind. Wide open throttle every once in awhile or stopping and turning the bike off will do the same thing and adjust your old ECU to a new altitude.

Mac
WOT throttle will help??? Thats no problem :yahoo: , I wonder if thats why my last ride in Alabama was ok at elevations up around 2K. On the NC Blue Ridge I was running slow and having issues at 3 to 4K in elevation, up in Alabama it ran great and I was winding things out... Maybe things won't be all that boggy, hopefully the ECU will arrive before mid May.

Same story here in Oregon... My luggage rack and ignition set are in, but the ECU is on backorder.

Also, they tell me it's NOT the ECU that is getting replaced, they say it's the TPS. Am I loosing it here? Why are they telling me this when I read the 17-Oct-2007, Bulletin M2007-016? My VIN is jyarp16e66a000482 and I read that it was affected.

Any ideas on how long for the backorder, and also why the shop is telling me TPS?

..............\|||/.......................

.............(@@)........................

_____ooO_( )_Ooo___________________________

_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|__|

___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|____|

_____|_KILROY_WAS_HERE_|____|_____|____|

Man, I got mine about a month or two back with no issues. Must be a run on them with folks getting them swapped out with the ignition recall.

Same here. I had to wait for the ignition switch for 3 weeks. ECU ordered at the same time and now they tell me it won't be in until April 21st. Oh well at least I know to pull over and turn the key off and take a quick break. Also asked them to price a set of tires while I was there. $235 for the front and $275 for the back Michelin PR2's. :rolleyes: Ordered them yesterday from Derby Cycles for around $278 for the set. :yahoo:

It wasn't a problem when I took mine in, November 2007, What took so long! :blink: You snooze you loose!

Just has the ignition recall, instrument (instant mpg) recall, and was supposed to have the ecu change. Dealer called to say all was good, come pick it up. No ECU done, told that "Yamaha is not doing them anymore"....did not know the reason, but you just need to "shut it off, once in awhile". I have been through elevation several times with two different '06 fjr's, the current one really starts bucking and chugging. Going down a winding road in traffic, no opportunity for full throttle, and stopping is a pretty poor option too. Wonder what's up?

Coincidentally, on a trip through "Monarch pass" in central Colorado last fall, pulled into a gas station and to my delight, there was a petite lady from Florida, solo, on an 06 FJR. She was pulling a massage therapy bed trailer, headed to Denver to visit her daughter. Had just come out of the mountains herself and the bike was acting up pretty bad. I told her about the recall, as it sure sounded like the classic symptoms. Maybe I hallucinated this last part?

Just has the ignition recall, instrument (instant mpg) recall, and was supposed to have the ecu change. Dealer called to say all was good, come pick it up. No ECU done, told that "Yamaha is not doing them anymore"....did not know the reason, but you just need to "shut it off, once in awhile". I have been through elevation several times with two different '06 fjr's, the current one really starts bucking and chugging. Going down a winding road in traffic, no opportunity for full throttle, and stopping is a pretty poor option too. Wonder what's up?
Coincidentally, on a trip through "Monarch pass" in central Colorado last fall, pulled into a gas station and to my delight, there was a petite lady from Florida, solo, on an 06 FJR. She was pulling a massage therapy bed trailer, headed to Denver to visit her daughter. Had just come out of the mountains herself and the bike was acting up pretty bad. I told her about the recall, as it sure sounded like the classic symptoms. Maybe I hallucinated this last part?
The ECU's are back orderd, I've been waiting over a month. Get one on order.

I also had my ignition switch replaced yesterday. The ECU was also on backorder for over a month. Was told April 20something if I recall correctly. I have only had the bike stumble once during a long decent in a long string of traffic.