Electrex World Limited

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S76

Reaction score
Just for chuckles and grins I sent an e-mail to the Electrex company asking if they had a higher output alternator for the FJR. I explained this was an issue with this bike and they would probably find a market for such an item.

They replied saying they had rewound some for more output in the past but were coming out with an improved stator in a few months. No details as to how much improved, but it sounds like they are working on something.

Is this news or am I way behind the curve here?

There were a few that tried re-winds with not much improvement, The new stator may help.

I was told by a guy from Cypress that the 06' had a higher output but I was never able to get it confirmed.

There were a few that tried re-winds with not much improvement, The new stator may help.I was told by a guy from Cypress that the 06' had a higher output but I was never able to get it confirmed.
I really hope that the 06 is improved as I am presently waiting, and just orderd a 77W vest.

If you can see the stator glowing red hot under the aluminum cover is that a sign to cut back on the heated clothing collection? LOL

If you can see the stator glowing red hot under the aluminum cover is that a sign to cut back on the heated clothing collection? LOL
No, just use it as a foot warmer! :D
We can laugh about it here on the forum, but when you overtax your stator and force it to work at its performance envelope, and do this repeatedly over time, it *will* burn it to a crisp.

Then it ceases to be funny:

crispy1.jpg

crispy2.jpg

WC, is that fried stator off a bike that had a volt meter that someone was keeping an eye on? I guess what I'm asking is, if we keep an eye on the voltage level are we safe from this expensive looking disaster?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting pics. But why would you put barbecue sauce on your stator?

Oh, I get it now....better flavor. :D

I was told by a guy from Cypress that the 06' had a higher output but I was never able to get it confirmed.
Even if this is true, we don't know if the 06 uses more power while underway to operate the ignition, lights, injectors, etc.

We can only hope the output is raised while the required amperage remains the same.

Until then, that 1.57hp nitro powered model airplane engine running a bicycle generator stator seems to do the trick for me. Uhh..yes, I'm kidding..I use it for a reverse gear :D

Until then, that 1.57hp nitro powered model airplane engine running a bicycle generator stator seems to do the trick for me. Uhh..yes, I'm kidding..I use it for a reverse gear

Hey Yami,

Don't spill too much about our little known modification! ;)

The DMV and the EPA will probably want us to hang catalytic converters off of anything larger than an .049. :huh:

P.S.

Make sure you don't let the nitro-mix splash on your bike's plastics on a fillup!

It's murder on the factory paint job! :blink:

Don't know if this can be answered without knowing specifics, but, if, in fact, output was increased on the '06, since it's still the same motor, any reason why you couldn't retrofit '06 stuff on a previous year model?