Emergency tool kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocDanDC

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this lately and would like to hear what good ideas some of the FJR Bros have come up with for the big trips. (Other then a AAA card and Cell phone)

1. Flat tire repair kit

2. Allen wrench assortment

3. adjustable crescet wrench

4. Vise grips

5. Wind shield bolts and assorted fasteners FJR specific

6. small Battery tender unit

7. assorted Zip ties

8. electrical tape

9. Philips

10. Flat head

11. Air pump

12. Multi-tool

I've been thinking about this lately and would like to hear what good ideas some of the FJR Bros have come up with for the big trips. (Other then a AAA card and Cell phone)
1. Flat tire repair kit

2. Allen wrench assortment

3. adjustable crescet wrench

4. Vise grips

5. Wind shield bolts and assorted fasteners FJR specific

6. small Battery tender unit

7. assorted Zip ties

8. electrical tape

9. Philips

10. Flat head

11. Air pump

12. Multi-tool
13. Duc tape

14. flash light

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question Dan.

I'd include variety of fuses, especially if you have a power strip with lots-O-farkley things.

Not sure how much stuff you want to bring but....

My old Beemer had all the tools necessary to remove both front and rear wheels. Might be hard with the huge 19mm hex (front), and 27mm socket & 14mm hex (rear) on the FeeJ.

It's only minutes from Friday where I am. How about a sag wagon? Who wants to stay in rasty motels when you can have a big Winnie with a trailer behind for those days when you are just too hung over to get the bike off the sidestand? Another advantage is that if you can haul the bike around it doesn't matter what you have in the tool kit.

credit-card4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
- First aid kit with items suggested by an earlier (much earlier) thread.

- Slime pump

- Tire patches - both the mushroom plugs which I'll only offer to other folks with flat tires, and the sticky string which - I'll use on my bike!

- Gerber multi-tool

- Silly little reflective vest so I can get on base

- Small flashlight

- A clear conscience and hearty hi-ho Silver!!

In addition to nearly everything mentioned already I also keep on my bike at all times a siphon hose and small jumper cables. Most of the stuff I carry has been used to help OTHER riders.

I usually carry a lock ( to attach to brake disc ) in case I have to leave my bike unattended.

And while really bike related, I keep a small bottle of ibuprofen under my seat.

18) $20.00
That's a great idea.

My credit card company once put a "Fraud Hold" on mine, simply because I purchased gas in three states one morning, while riding to AR. Plus, you never know what will happen in a small town. Cash is good.
This has saved me a few times before. One time I was a few hrs from home and realized needed gas for my Maxima, which I miss dearly. Then I freaked when I realized I left my wallet at home!!! But I remembered I had a $20 bill stashed away. The day was saved. But I'm sure this has only happenned to me.... :rolleyes: