Emergency tool kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18) $20.00
That's a great idea.

My credit card company once put a "Fraud Hold" on mine, simply because I purchased gas in three states one morning, while riding to AR. Plus, you never know what will happen in a small town. Cash is good.
Mine did too...after I had already gone through NE, CO, UT, NV, and been in CA for a day.... uh....Cash is always good, especially at the small town stations that don't have pay-at-the-pump...however, some 24hr stations are Pay-At-The-Pump only and I've only been at two that accepted cash at the pumps.

Good Ideas.

I would also add some "Monkey Butt Powder" as well as spare ear plugs. Comfort is Key also.

https://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

Great idea about the siphon for a bike to bike gas transfer. I have not thought about that before.

I have also been stuck with a closed VISA in Blythe, CA. Not a fun place to be stuck without Gas. Since then I always have a cash stash for such problems.

This particular thread is the best & most practical that I have seen on this topic in recent years. This remains my favorite forum. Sorry for the hijack. Ride safe & be prepared!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really...do you guys carry a can of Plexus on LD rides? I am about to load for NAFO and have been wondering if packing my small can of P is a wise thing to do.

Thanks!

I've been thinking about this lately and would like to hear what good ideas some of the FJR Bros have come up with for the big trips. (Other then a AAA card and Cell phone)
1. Flat tire repair kit

2. Allen wrench assortment

3. adjustable crescet wrench

4. Vise grips

5. Wind shield bolts and assorted fasteners FJR specific

6. small Battery tender unit

7. assorted Zip ties

8. electrical tape

9. Philips

10. Flat head

11. Air pump

12. Multi-tool
In addition to all the others...

24. 8 quarters (pop machine)

25. UV Lip Balm

26. Cell Phone Charger

27. Spare bulbs

28. Copper wire

29. Spare bungees

Really...do you guys carry a can of Plexus on LD rides? I am about to load for NAFO and have been wondering if packing my small can of P is a wise thing to do.Thanks!
I've had a can in 106 degree S Dakota heat with no issues. I always have a can of Plexus and a rag when I ride....always.

Really...do you guys carry a can of Plexus on LD rides? I am about to load for NAFO and have been wondering if packing my small can of P is a wise thing to do.Thanks!
Yeppers. In my tank bag. Not the aerosol can, but the little squirt bottle (lower right hand corner):

My local Ace Hardware store where I get Plexus told me that it may not be available much longer. Has anyone else heard this totally disheartening news?

I just went through this entire topic and not once did anyone mention a tire pressure gage..

I would think that would come in pretty handy.

I always carry the big can, very usefull in my area when I go north, ( bugs on the faceshield )

Yeppers. In my tank bag. Not the aerosol can, but the little squirt bottle (lower right hand corner):

I did not know that they have this little format, never seen it in Canada.....

Will try to find it, and buy a few ( that save space.... )

Thanks for pictures

I just took my saddlebag off with the tools in it, that thing's getting heavy. Time to review and downsize. I have some stuff stashed under the seat.

The good /bad thing is I never use the stuff myself. I seem to work on other peoples bikes.

I'm fanatic about maintenance, and the FJR is a pretty reliable ride.

Heavy items are the tools to remove the wheels.