EOM anyone from Richmond, VA?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sradek

Redbird!!
Reaction score
I am heading to EOM from Richmond, VA on Friday. My first EOM.

Anyone from that area to ride with? Depending on work, I will have to decide on morning or afternoon.

Please post here or PM w/ contact info.

I will be in touch.

btw. The Friday schedule has "Rides" in it, but what time do we ride out? afternoon?

If I miss the ride time, what route is planned for Friday so I can try and catch up?

sradek, contact Violione. He's in Virginia Beach & plans on leaving on Friday morning. I think that he's taking 64 up to the Blue Ridge Pkwy... or something like that.

Have fun & be careful. See ya' Friday,

Heidi

Edited to add: If you change your mind & leave on Thursday there are a few of us that will be passing through Richmond on our way to the fun roads. Also, we are meeting Powerman in Richmond.

Edited again to add: There are 9 routes to pick from. THere's no specific ride planned for Friday. The "pick it & ride it" method is being used. Then again there will probably be folk doing their own thing. The meet has some suggested routes. That is a s structured as it gets.

Also, you did already pay registration, right? That insures you dinner on Saturday night & other stuff related to the meet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm leaving the Richmond area (Powhatan) around 9:30 on friday. I plan to take 60 west to the Blue Ridge Parkway, south to Buchanan, then west to Paint Bank(lunch), and north on 311 to 64 and Lewisburg. Not the quickest route:) If you'd like to ride over, that would be great. I'm open to a different route.

I'm in Chesterfield, but have my days off starting Thursday. no way ma I waiting until friday to get out of dodge. Say hi when you arrive. my plate is the same as my handle.

Dave

Fialdj

sardek & vabrzn,

My wife and I are "planning" to leave Va. Bch. at 7:30 AM which would put us in Richmond at around 9:00 AM. This is my wifes first EOM and first BIG ride so I am thinking that Richmond might be a stopping point for her to take a fanny break. Not sure where I'll stop, east side or maybe over in Short Pump, not sure yet. If you are interested, PM me and we'll exchange cell #'s and when I get in th area I can call.

The flight plan is not set in stone yet. I have two trails in mind, both include I64 out to Charlottesville and we'll have lunch there. From C'ville:

Plan A: south either on BRP to 56 then meander over to 39 through Goshen and into Marlinton, WV

Plan B: west to Staunton on 250 over to Monterey then 610 south to 82? over to 98 which connects to 39, west into Marlinton.

From Marlinton south on 219 into Lewisburg. At that point I think my better half will want to get off the bike and start consuming wine coolers! :yahoo: Personally, I could go another 5 hours. Last year, luvtoride, FJRGary and I headed in a similar route but headed west almost into Cool Mountain River area on 15 then hooked up on 60 east back to Lewisburg. I think we covered 550 miles and 9+ hours of riding that day.

V.

Thanks. PM'ed violione and vabrzn.

All set. See you friday.

btw my name is Shrinath. 732-277-6592

sradek, contact Violione. He's in Virginia Beach & plans on leaving on Friday morning. I think that he's taking 64 up to the Blue Ridge Pkwy... or something like that.
Have fun & be careful. See ya' Friday,

Heidi

Edited to add: If you change your mind & leave on Thursday there are a few of us that will be passing through Richmond on our way to the fun roads. Also, we are meeting Powerman in Richmond.

Edited again to add: There are 9 routes to pick from. THere's no specific ride planned for Friday. The "pick it & ride it" method is being used. Then again there will probably be folk doing their own thing. The meet has some suggested routes. That is a s structured as it gets.

Also, you did already pay registration, right? That insures you dinner on Saturday night & other stuff related to the meet.

Yes, we could ride to EOM on friday am.

I am staying at the Hampton Inn:

10800 W. Broad St., Glen Allen, VA 23060 (5 mins from Short Pump)

Would prefer around 10am here if that works for you. Looks like violione is planning to be in Richmond around 9am, but I proposed 9:30-10am.

Mobile # 732-277-6592

my name is Shrinath. Call me.

I'm leaving the Richmond area (Powhatan) around 9:30 on friday. I plan to take 60 west to the Blue Ridge Parkway, south to Buchanan, then west to Paint Bank(lunch), and north on 311 to 64 and Lewisburg. Not the quickest route:) If you'd like to ride over, that would be great. I'm open to a different route.