EOM attending list

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm one of the dashes in J Willy's list. I was all signed up, tee-shirts selected, hotels reservated.

Then a bad, bad thing happened. I found out I have to work that week right up to, and possibly even through the weekend. :angry:

You bastids all have a great time. I'll be thinkin' of you'se...

I'll step up and take Fred's place. Registered, Tees selected. Our schedule is still a great unknown.

See y'all there.

I just signed up. Unfortunately I cant leave work until Friday afternoon. I am not sure if I will be able to make it for dinner. I also have to leave by late Sunday afternoon to be back for work.

EDIT:

Oh, and as for the rides, I need to ride with the slow guys. I look like I am backing up when I ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just signed up. Unfortunately I cant leave work until Friday afternoon. I am not sure if I will be able to make it for dinner. I also have to leave by late Sunday afternoon to be back for work.
264 miles, 4 hrs 46 mins, running I-26.

I'm sure somebody's having dinner at 8:00 pm.

:)

Man I really hate the thought of missing this years event. BUT.. the great state of Georgia seems to move even slower these days. I am still waiting to get the bike inspected after my accident in April so I can get the “rebuilt” title and get the tags. I have no idea how long this will take, so I sit here and read the forum and dream of enjoying this wonderful weather and filling up the truck at $ 50.00 a pop. If by some strange chance things get moving, I’m going to try but I’m not holding my breath……

BULLCBX

Oh, and as for the rides, I need to ride with the slow guys. I look like I am backing up when I ride.
Aah yes, the annual ritual of finding strangers with riding styles within a managable range of our own.

Can be a pain or fun, depending on the stars.

Peg scrappers

sight seers

lost and confused

push hard all day

stopping to smell the roses

2-up

schedule keepers

We are quit a diverse group....

For the newbies without lots of group rides under their belt. (veterans you can move along now)

I humbly suggest two things:

1. Study The Pace before showing up. The Pace <<click here

Practice it.

Some see it as the bible of group riding. Some see it as no more than an interesting read.

Regardless, at least it has rules and expectations that can make a group of strangers gel very quickly and help make sure everyone keeps the shiny side up.

I much prefer riding within confines of The Pace, than picking up plastic (or worse).

Getting sucked into a corner behind a superior rider and finding yourself out of your confort zone is friggin' dangerous.

Leave the pride at home.

If everyone is riding the Pace, they will be there at the next turn waiting for you.

Or, there are usually long straights somewhere for catching back up.

2. If you are a rookie to riding in the mountains, there is a little thing called TARGET FIXATION.

Locals don't even think about it, but it is a nasty little thing that gets someone every single year.

Learn about it. Practice and teach yourself to avoid it.

Always focus looking as far through each curve as possible.

Exercises you can practice:

a. close the eye on the side to the inside of the turn. force the outside eye to focus as far through the turn as possible.

(always scanning for trouble of course)

b. lift your chin up a couple inches and keep it pointed at the exit of the turn.

It forces your eyes to point to where they need to be.

The vets don't even do this consciously any more. It is just how you ride in sport mode.

But, if I can save one bike from going down, it is worth having to climb up on the soap box and preach a little. :friends: :whistle:

Braenen, There will be quit a few 2-up riders. MOST, tend to avoid the higher paced groups.

Newer riders tend to gravitate in that direction.

If the passenger is in full body armor, that is a clue that perhaps not. ... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

But, if I can save one bike from going down, it is worth having to climb up on the soap box and preach a little.
[SIZE=12pt]Good things to repeat![/SIZE]

And reapeat again. Don't CRASH - ride your own ride.

They will wait for us before any turns so we won't get left behind.

Add one more from MA. Thursday afternoon or evening (depending) and staying through Sunday night leaving Monday morning

Add one from IL. Plan is to hammer it down there on Thursday, maybe make an SS1K out of the ride depending on how I am feeling.

Hopefully we will be getting there on Thursday, but we will probably have to leave on Saturday due to previous plans...... Hope to see everyone there! 2up of course!

Roy and Sherrie

But, if I can save one bike from going down, it is worth having to climb up on the soap box and preach a little. :friends: :whistle:

Good info. I got your soapbox right here....
soapbox.gif