EOM Salvage And Overhaul

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy moly ... glad you are ok Dana! That poor FJR is FUKED! To see that pretty moko sticking straight up in the air without damage makes me kinda laugh.

The important part is that you are ok! The bike can now be replaced with a new '06.

At least the Moko s helped hold the fairing on when we picked up the bike, and hardly a scratch on them. Man you stopped quick. :scare2: More than I could say about the free floating handle bars. Sorry to hear the insurance will not cover all the loss.

Afraid I have to report back to work Monday other wise I would see if Charley Hoss would be up to do a couple of back to back Saddle Sores back down there as you certainly had that bike set up nicely. Did you at least get the seat before leaving Townsend?

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
hi martin,

thanks for the compliment about the setup... i miss my blue baby sooooo much...

jerry and denise got the custom seat for a deal, plus transporting me to fla... lol...

thanks again for all the help at my down....

dana

Dana,

I'm down in Cleveland TN (I'm the guy in the blue 'stitch that stopped to check on you) and could run up to Knoxville if you still haven't gotten anyone to get your stuff. I am free some this weekend and could run up there and strip it out for you on late Saturday (school carnival and all earlier in the day). Let me know if you still need it done and you can ship me the original parts and I can get up there by Saturday. My email address is [email protected]. E-me and I can give you my address and such if you still need it done this weekend.

Hope your hand is doing well,

John

Parts and tools have arrived.

Plan on calling the salvage yard and getting up there early sat to strip her down.

did a great job on labeling your parts and saying what goes where and what comes home =)

If anyone wants to come by and play w/ it sat morning, let me know and we can arrange a time =)

ken

I know it might be a bit late to ask... but is there any chance I can get an extra rear wheel out of this? ;) I seem to recall that yours was an ABS version and I'm considering a track vs street tire setup.

rear wheel as in tire and rim, or just rim?

my guess is it'll be avail at salvage cost, since it was not a farkle i'm allowed to remove... <_< let me know exactly what you want and i'll get with the ins adjuster... ken will need the bike tracking number to find it...

in fact, for anyone needing parts for their fjr, the good parts are:

front and rear wheels,

rear subframe,

factory seat pans,

swing arm and final drive shaft and pumpkin (regular yamma gear lube changes),

engine w/14,000 miles that had regular oil changes and has mobil1 in it for 2000 miles,

rear shock old at 14000 miles,

frame is NOT GOOD, had castings sheared off in wreck...

dana

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ken, glad the parts got to you ok...

i called the ins co and gave them your name, and that you might have one or two people with you...

the fjr's tracking number is 5104729

the ins agent advised that the yard is CLOSED on sats...

he spoke to 'shirley' @ 865.525.7349, and she'll be aware you'll be stopping by... i'm guessing you could set an appt time with her...

let me know,

dana

Heya Dana,

I just need the rim (and all the bits that are actually attached to it of course). I'll give you guys a while to finish up with the insurance and parts scavenging, then call the yard unless you think your insurance is gonna put it somewhere else. Not a big deal, just kind of a "it would be nice to have two different rear tires on occaision". I could probably find one around here if I dug hard enough.

Argh ..

Spoke w/ Gladis at the salvage yard ...

they are only open from 8-5 m-f no exceptions...

I'll take an extended lunch on today or monday and go swap all that stuff out then =)

Parts pulled...

Also pulled the handlbar risers and found the XM receiver was intact as well. =)

Alot of the wiring in the front area was toast, but I got the fuseblocks and all that stuff out ok.

Spoke withe the salvage yard. They don't part out vehicles. Not sure if you would have better luck w/ the insurance co if you wanted that rear wheel.

I'll get this stuff UPS'd to you monday.

PS. Good job on that wiring =) gave me idea's on how to do mine =)

P.s.s. I was talking to the salvage yard guy when pulling the GPS mount and wiring... He told me that maybe if ya didn't have all these dadburned gadgets to look at that maybe ya wouldn't have wrecked ;)

hehehe

ken

thanks ken,

i'd forgotten, but if there was still a silver box in the shattered housing below the instrament panel, that is a phid ballast... plus the wiring/relays to it (zip tied to front subframe)...

if you're thinking of phid's, it might be worth going back and telling them you 'forgot' to pull a nonfactory part... one ballast is big $$$ tword a build yer own set...

dana

Saw the ballast, looked like it was hit w/ a ball peen hammer... didn't grab any of the PHID relay's cause I figured they were toast as well... =/