Error code 100

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob

Great news that the bike has not suffered big damage. Kudos, you are one heck of a nice guy for doing all the maintenance work while you got the bike open.

Ingo

There is still question as to the code 100? Has anyone figured that out yet? Any calls to Yamaha?

Just curious.

Is there a chance that an error occurred in reading the code? If it was indeed a self-test failure code it will be stored in memory until memory is manually cleared. S76 should be able to look in the 'Malfunction history code' (diAG 61) and read everything stored there. Several other diAG codes can produce 100 as the Data displayed on meter.

I am still a bit perplexed about the perception that the engine turned over faster than normal. Was that just a little high anxiety coming through after the recent Howie and Patriot shows? I don't see why it would crank over too fast due to flooded condition. Maybe it was just cranking normally fast?

I am still a bit perplexed about the perception that the engine turned over faster than normal. Was that just a little high anxiety coming through after the recent Howie and Patriot shows? I don't see why it would crank over too fast due to flooded condition. Maybe it was just cranking normally fast?
Fred,

I'm with ya on this perplexification. If the starter WAS cranking over too fast, was the motor actually turning, or is there a possibility there's a problem with the starter clutch and the starter was spinning at top speed, but the clutch wasn't engaged, or was slipping and the motor wasn't actually turning over?

Interesting mystery.

Call Dr. House!

dr-house-caricature.jpg

That's a good point, and I don't understand that either. However, Old Dog said the same thing about his and his also turned out to be flooded.

Maybe the fuel washed some of the oil off the cylinders and it lost some compression?? I don't know.

That's a good point, and I don't understand that either. However, Old Dog said the same thing about his and his also turned out to be flooded.

Maybe the fuel washed some of the oil off the cylinders and it lost some compression?? I don't know.
....or it was seriously flooded, to the point of hydrolocking, and the starter clutch was slippin'?

Anyone really taken a look at the starter clutch to see how "flexible" it is to freewheeling if the motor is locked up???

Is there a chance that an error occurred in reading the code? If it was indeed a self-test failure code it will be stored in memory until memory is manually cleared. S76 should be able to look in the 'Malfunction history code' (diAG 61) and read everything stored there. Several other diAG codes can produce 100 as the Data displayed on meter.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I forgot all about it. When I got it running it had a check engine light on but I know for a fact I had several things that were not plugged in. Cam sensor, water temp sensor etc. because the valve cover was off.

I'll see if I can figure out how to get into the history and check stored faults. I do know she said she had been getting intermitant check engine lights for a while before this happened.

This bike had some aftermarket wiring that was some of the worst I had seen. One item was a shift indicator that tied into the ECU! Some joints were soldered, some were TWISTED together. And it didn't work. I pulled all the aftermarket wires out and am starting from scratch eliminating the add on fuse block, the shift indicator, the big round group ground thing (whatever that was for), the Radio Shack noise filter and some relays. She does not have enough equipment to warrant all that crap and it was done so poorly it was just a problem waiting to happen. This bike had a wire the size of your little finger UNFUSED from the battery + to under the seat. There, it was twisted together with a little wire to feed the fuse block. ????

I just reinstalled one relay, fused, next to the battery, to run the GPS, Datel, Gerbings, and BMW plug for her air compressor. I turned about 40 feet of wires into 5 and now she has her tool tray back.

As the LTR ride turns:

I have been dinking around wth Heidi's bike for a month or more and finally got a ride in a week ago. A few issues showed up and I was able to sort them out. So today I took her bike to work, were I am right now. This bike has to be perfect as she is heading to VA from CT this coming weekend. I just realized I forgot to clear all the error codes so I could tell if anything else is going on. I did clear the codes, but I retrived the following stored codes and was wondering if anyone knows what they are. Don't have my book here.

The codes I found are 15, 19, 21, and 30. Actualy, if I remember correctly the # 30 code should have been there several times. LOL

Does anyone know what 15, 19 and 21 are? The bike does not have a check engine light so all is good now. Just curious to know what was there. Possibly, I hope, they were just induced while I worked on it with things disconnected.The bike is a 2004.

Thanks

Oh, and another thing. That 2004 runs so much better than my 06 it is sickening. Smoother with no power hit mid corner, and faster, probably due to the lower gearing.

Can you put an 04 ECU on an 06?

And a middle drive gear ratio change is in order this winter for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: