Essential Farkles for the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your help guys!
I've been reading ST1300 vs FJR comparisons and its not so clear which is the best bike for me. If my wife didn't ride with me about 40% of the time, it would be a no brainer that the FJR would win.
And if she does, it's a no brainer that the FJR wins! :D
Jeff, do you believe that FJR is better for 2-up than the ST? I will get a Russell Day Long which will probably solve most if not all comfort issues for me and the wife. Fortunately, I started her out on the V-Strom with a Sargent seat which she finds pretty comfortable up to about 200 miles in a day. Any dedicated touring bike should be even better. It needs to be comfortable for her but lets face it, the pilot comes first because if the pilot isn't happy we aren't riding in the first place!

For you guys that ride or rode V-Stroms, can you lean a FJR as much as the V?
Yes... I do! :D

That being said, it is a personal thing. My pillion could ride all day without bike comfort complaints (she does complain A LOT when the temp gets into the 30s ©) :rolleyes: You hit the nail of the head for me. I am more comfortable on the FJR and the ST just wouldn't cut it for me.

As far as lean goes, I don't think the Strom has anything on the FeeGer. If anything is touching down then you are out of tire anyway! Where I noticed the biggest negative was in straight ground clearance. I got used to not even thinking about speed bumps, curbs, etc... Can't do that on the FeeGer! Scraped up the bottom of my tupperware on many occasions (but none life threatening!)

If you will do most of your riding in Texas or the Southwest, you won't need anything heated; However, you will need a throttlemeister (throttle lock) for the open road and additional running/brake lights (hyper lites) for safety. I don't use a trunk but I think if my wife rode with me, it would be very high on her list (back rest). I missed the loud horns on my BMW so I've added freeway blasters with a FJRandy relay and harness, another safety item.

A CeeBailey +2+4 with reverse flip and grip puppies made for a more comfortable ride. Frame sliders and a fenda-extenda added a little piece of mind in the way of scooter protection.

I ride 600+ mile days on the stock seat with no problems, but maybe I'm just used to it.

OBD