Euro FJR1300 (2007) displayed at Milan Bike Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teerex51

The Italian Scallion
Reaction score
PICT0119.JPG

A nice smile from Miss Yamaha and very little else at the Yammy stand at the Milan Bike Show (opened this morning, Nov 14).

PICT0031.JPG

PICT0032.JPG

2 bikes were rushed in from Holland in the 2 Euro-colors (Black Cherry and Silver, both striped).

No differences to the 2006 restyled model were spotted. The silver bike showed oversize mirrors (fugly), that also appeared to interfere with the windshield (also oversize) and the color did not quite match the fairing's.

PICT0116.JPG

PICT0118.JPG

The 2 Feejers enjoyed no privileged position ;) they were in fact just parked in the middle of Yamaha's huge stand among the TDMs and Fazers of this world :rolleyes:

Stef

I continue to think those euro stripes are ass. I would have passed on the FJR if they were sold that way here - yeah, I'm serious - unless they could have been removed without mucking the paint.

Just the opposite here, would like to stripe my 05 like that, me likey. Alex was working on something like that at one time. jr.

Just the opposite here, would like to stripe my 05 like that, me likey. Alex was working on something like that at one time. jr.
In Australia, we get the blue one with stripe, the silver one without a stripe, and a gold one without a stripe....

I like the stripe, the fade out at the back of the tank is cool too. Not saying I'd pay extra for it but if it had come with I wouldn't have took it off. The Black Cherry looks great !

Last edited by a moderator:
the big mirrors look to be the clip-on shells that are sold as an accessory in yurp. underneath is the mirror we're used to seeing.

I cannot wrap my brain around that Black Cherry color. To each his own! Black would have been much better. Of course my opinion doesn't mean squat. Nevermind me I'm slightly into cocktail time.

why did they make the mirror shell wider - for aerodynamics? it would be nice if they offered better view behind the rider. I would have thought they would come with big changes-Concourse14 on the horizon and FJ with minimal style changes <_<

Those are the optional hand protectors:

$265.00 Canadian - about $230 US. Part number 5VS-W0748-␣␣-00

I'm guessing that the silver one probably had the foot guards installed too.

Part #: 5VS-W0745-␣␣-00, priced at about $300

why did they make the mirror shell wider - for aerodynamics? it would be nice if they offered better view behind the rider. I would have thought they would come with big changes-Concourse14 on the horizon and FJ with minimal style changes <_<
They wouldn't do a revamp only one year after a fairly substantial redesign.

They're using the mirror as a hand guard to block the wind (for those who ride in inclement weather).

Changes? I'd think the color-only changes were in-the-book before the Concours was released, since the FJR had a major facelift last year. One would like to think that the Yamaha insiders knew Kawi was up to something but perhaps Big Green was able to keep the final product from prying eyes.

You can bet Big Red is re-evaluating the new ST1300 and Yamahamahama's in-gun-nears and stylists are working on something for the next year or so. All is good in the ST-consumer world.

You guys realize that with all the harping and carping about the stripes you are motivating me to put some on my bike just so I can :bleh: the rest of you. [lamethumbyournosesmiley] :rolleyes:

They're using the mirror as a hand guard to block the wind (for those who ride in inclement weather).

Changes? I'd think the color-only changes were in-the-book before the Concours was released, since the FJR had a major facelift last year. One would like to think that the Yamaha insiders knew Kawi was up to something but perhaps Big Green was able to keep the final product from prying eyes.

You can bet Big Red is re-evaluating the new ST1300 and Yamahamahama's in-gun-nears and stylists are working on something for the next year or so. All is good in the ST-consumer world.

You guys realize that with all the harping and carping about the stripes you are motivating me to put some on my bike just so I can :bleh: the rest of you. [lamethumbyournosesmiley] :rolleyes:

PICT0119.JPG

A nice smile from Miss Yamaha and very little else at the Yammy stand at the Milan Bike Show (opened this morning, Nov 14).

PICT0031.JPG

PICT0032.JPG

2 bikes were rushed in from Holland in the 2 Euro-colors (Black Cherry and Silver, both striped).

No differences to the 2006 restyled model were spotted. The silver bike showed oversize mirrors (fugly), that also appeared to interfere with the windshield (also oversize) and the color did not quite match the fairing's.

PICT0116.JPG

PICT0118.JPG

The 2 Feejers enjoyed no privileged position ;) they were in fact just parked in the middle of Yamaha's huge stand among the TDMs and Fazers of this world :rolleyes:

Stef

That black cherry is sick B) Love it!! Gonna have it!!

those talking about the clip-on shells for the mirrors understand that it's removable. right? they are the color-mathed version of hand guards from mammy yammy that have been shown in photos around and about since the 2006 model came out.