Ex California bike, now in Canada, see previous ownership?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTP07

Reaction score
As the title states, I have a 2008 FJR, previously registered in California, now registered in Ontario, Canada.

The Ontario Used Vehicle Information Package tells me all the registered owners since it was imported. Is there a way to see how many owners it had while registered in California?

Does Cali have something similar to the UVIP that Ontario does?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Randy.

those links won't do it. California does not allow access to the database. Only an LEO can access the info and it has to be part of an active investigation.

Thanks for the answers folks. It's not the answer I was looking for, but at least I know....that I'll never know. :)

Thanks for the answers folks. It's not the answer I was looking for, but at least I know....that I'll never know.
smile.png
Well... I didn't want to fess up but I owned your bike. I rode that sucker hard and put it away wet every chance I had. Oil changes, valve adjusts...Piff that's for people who care. I won't even begin to tell you where Scooter, Pie Man and Carver left boogers on it.

Now you know why I sold it.

Isn't this a bit like hunting down your girlfriend's ex-boyfriends? Who cares who owned it before you?
Well, for example, I can see on my Ontario UVIP that the bike was imported by a local dealer, and then I called that dealer and got the service records they have for this bike. Also, if the bike was ever branded in another jurisdiction, it would show up in the vehicle history report. It would also tell me if, for example, the instrument cluster had ever been changed and what the mileage was when that happened.

So, yeah, I care who owned it before me.