Excellent HELD Gloves on Closeout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgfella

Reaction score
Gang,

I know how popular HELD gloves are with this forum. New Enough sent me an email about the PROFI glove on closeout for $92, which is a killer price for this type of glove.

HELD Profi Glove on Closeout for $92

FYI, I have nothing to do with New Enough, other than to say that I am a very happy customer of theirs and have spent tons of $$$, made satisfactory returns, and experienced excellent customer service overall.

Enjoy!

dgfella

I'm in. Thanks for the tip! Always wanted a pair of Helds, just too cheap to try them. Still a little salty for gloves, esp. considering how many other pairs I have, but just couldn't pass these up.

A good friend of mine has these gloves. She's putting them on Ebay for sale. The gauntlet... better not have thick sleeves because this gauntlet won't fit over anything of bulk. Also, the knuckles are extremely padded. Vey bulky IMO. I'd figure that they'd be WAY too warm for summer riding. On the bright side of these, they do appear to be quite protective. THat was definitely the nice part about them.

Bummer i just paid $179 for a red pair 2 days ago. i was wearing them in 80 degrees on wednesday and they were fine.
So just order a red pair and return them to the place where you paid $180.

I got some Steve's a while back for $90 and they're great!

Bummer i just paid $179 for a red pair 2 days ago. i was wearing them in 80 degrees on wednesday and they were fine.
So just order a red pair and return them to the place where you paid $180.

I got some Steve's a while back for $90 and they're great!
Ummm but that would be just plain wrong!!!!!!!!!!

but a great idea.

R

...have spent tons of $$$, made satisfactory returns, and experienced excellent customer service overall....
Enjoy!

dgfella
Me too...I ought to remove this company from my "favorites". 2 helmets, 2 pairs of gloves, 3 jackets and now, Dgfella, you cost me another

$92 + shipping. :angry:

Stef

look choice and at an excellent price. but for summer use they look unbearable.

as a comparison, i can't use these in temps above about 65°F.

well... doesn't look like H-G has the same glove any more. this looks the closest in design, but cf knuckle guards and in all black.

https://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_inf...products_id/252

Is the "summer" design with the polyester lining thing. above 60° - 65° and my hands are like they've been dunked in a stock tank when I use them.

I've bought lots of stuff from NewEnoughLeathers, they are Great!

I would also look into the Vanson Talon gloves for $45. I have a pair

and I use them 75% of the time. They are good for riding between

say 75-90 degrees. They are not waterproof, but they feel great.

deerskin, with extra leather, and brass sliders(look cool too). :clapping:

Thanks for the Info I just ordered a set.

Note to any Admins I am not sure who to tell or maybe you already know but when I went to make purchase at newenough .com for these gloves at checkout they ask if you want 1.00 sent to your favorite motorcycl org. I looked and did not see fjrforum but there were other similiar forums on there. According to New Enough they contribute the money it does not add to the total. might be worth checking out.

Sorry for posting this here but just wasnt sure were to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanson Talon gloves for $45. I have a pair and I use them 75% of the time. They are good for riding between say 75-90 degrees.
I will look at those.

What is the popular vote for hot weather riding?

Note to any Admins I am not sure who to tell or maybe you already know but when I went to make purchase at newenough .com for these gloves at checkout they ask if you want 1.00 sent to your favorite motorcycl org. I looked and did not see fjrforum but there were other similiar forums on there. According to New Enough they contribute the money it does not add to the total. might be worth checking out.
Yea, I noticed that too, No FJRforum, so I gave it to the blackbird guys.

teerex,

Sorry, but you are addicted like me. I didn't buy these gloves myself because I currently have 6 diffent pairs, all new. I've only go 2 hands, so this presents a problem. :lol:

dgfella

teerex,
Sorry, but you are addicted like me. I didn't buy these gloves myself because I currently have 6 diffent pairs, all new. I've only go 2 hands, so this presents a problem. :lol:

dgfella
dgfella Thanks for this heads up I ordered lasr week and received today These glaves are SWEEEEEETTTT

Mine just walked in the door, too. Nice. Gauntlet seems pretty wide enough too. Feel great right out da box. Definitely not "armoured", though. Except for the rivet type snap looking things below the palm. If I have to bitch-slap you with them, it's gonna leave nice marks! :lol:

The look very warm for summer riding. Sweaty hands??
I doubt they are any warmer than the Held Steve glove, which is my primary glove and which I use during the summer. Yes, some days they get fairly warm like any leather glove would in the summer. The Steves are tolderable though. The Kangaroo is like deer skin and does not transfer cold or heat like cow hide does.