Exhaust Opinions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthFlaFJR

Reaction score
I have a 2009 FJR1300A. right now standard exhaust.

Want to put on Two Brothers exhaust. I know I want the M-5

(think M-2 would be too small for the bike)...

Question..... Stuck between carbon fiber (too trendy?) or

Titanium (too dull?)?

Any opinions?

Thanks Ed. :close_tema: :close_tema:

Hey Ed, I'm a firm believer that what goes on my bike when it comes right down to it is a final decession made be me and I'm sure you'll do the same. So I can't really answer your question. I think I can say really nothing is in or out of style IMO as far as the finish.

While I haven't altered or changed my stock system as of yet, if I did it would be this:

. Although a complete Muzzie system is also killer. But for now I really do enjoy the quietness of a stock system, especially after years of loud HD pipes blasting my ears. The advantage of the BlueFlames is the ability of altering the loudness. Really their are so many exhausts out there take your time and get the right one for you. Hope you get the answer to your question. Be safe, PM. <><

Last edited by a moderator:
M-5 CF :clapping:

Very nice sound and nice looking on the black bike.

Ride09238.jpg

fjrrrr039.jpg

I have a 2009 FJR1300A. right now standard exhaust.Want to put on Two Brothers exhaust. I know I want the M-5

Titanium (too dull?)?

Any opinions?

I have Remus.... Ti with Carbon.... he-he best of both in one package ! ! ! LOL

I have my own opinions.

They vary depending on my state of consciousness, amount of sleep I've had and my emotional condition.......

...IOW, they're all over the place.

Conclusion: Do what you want! There is no right, wrong, okay, partially in error or anything resembling a consensus.

It's YOUR bike.......

Er...uh...I have Holeshots, currently at rest in a box on the storage shelf near the top of the garage.

Since you were looking for opinions:

You do know that replacing the exhaust cans is merely a cosmetic and sound change, right? The bike will be a little louder and look a little different, but it will perform essentially the same since the cats are the main exhaust restriction.

My opinion is that you should get a can of black spray paint and paint the stock exhaust cans in a pretty carpet fiber pattern.

You can send me half of the ~$700 you'll save that way... :rolleyes:

I have a 2009 FJR1300A. right now standard exhaust.Want to put on Two Brothers exhaust. I know I want the M-5

Titanium (too dull?)?

Any opinions?

Hi Ed, Check out the Leo Vince exhaust,really mellow, good looking as well. I think the Remus Hexacones,& Blue Flames are the prettiest. Your eye will let you know!

Titanium (too dull?)?

Any opinions?

Hi Ed, Check out the Leo Vince exhaust,really mellow, good looking as well. I think the Remus Hexacones,& Blue Flames are the prettiest. Your eye will let you know!

Now I also like the Leo Vince.....Great... more choices.

I guess that's the curse of the internet!!!

And part of the fun of the bike.

Thanks!!!!

You do know that replacing the exhaust cans is merely a cosmetic and sound change, right? The bike will be a little louder and look a little different, but it will perform essentially the same since the cats are the main exhaust restriction.
Absolutely true BUT I have to say that the sound change IMO gave the bike a whole new feeling. It's like it released the soul of the bike and the engine. Much more fun to ride with the new pipes. I use the restrictor thingys too so it's not too loud but what a difference in feel. 2Bros. M-5 CFs here too.

2brosr2.jpg

Nice rig on the 2bros. Did the mid pipe come with the mufflers or was that extra? And the heat shield, add on extra?

Nice rig on the 2bros. Did the mid pipe come with the mufflers or was that extra? And the heat shield, add on extra?
Thanks. The mid pipes come with the 2 Bros. The heat shields were an add-on but the place I got them from seems to be out of business. It was CBXmanmotorcycles.com. Don't know if they are available elsewhere.

Not the same brand, but here's how titanium (with carbon fiber tips) looks on a black FJR:

completed_bike_rear.jpg

completed_bike_side.jpg

I'm with 'fjrchooser' on this ^^^^ . noise pollution is a reality -- if you/we continue?, someone else may/will impose restrictions/fines.

Actually, a decibel restriction already exists -- along with a regulation of no tampering with stock exhausts. So, I guess it's the enforcement that's lacking?

Do we really want more 'teeth' in the law...? :unsure:

Some U.S. East Coast cities have "scent-free" regulations to protect society from scent-pollution -- to much odor being impressed upon others who may not find such odors appealing.

Motorcyclists may/will not be immune from (more) noise pollution legislation and we "Won't have a leg to stand on." :eek: :rolleyes: