Exhaust Opinions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! Boston (hub of the universe; land of the bean and the cod) recently passed a bill banning m-c exhausts that do not bear the EPA stamp. No noise levels stated; no noise levels tested. You just need that EPA stamp on the muffler. Some local entrepreneur should be making a stamping die that looks official. Wonder how the local authorities are making out with this... Can you see Officer O'Grady trying to find the EPA stamp on an under-seat muffler?

Seriously, tho, we have enough of a problem already. I'd like to perk-up the exhaust sound and shed some weight with new mufflers, but John Q Public is already sick and tired of the jerks with straight pipes rattling his fillings and scaring his dog. I'll never convince the straight pipe crowd to pipe down (hey, look at me - I'm a badass weekend biker in my badass black leather outfit and to prove my badass masculinity I'm making myself deaf). But I will not contribute any more dB's to the problem. If you want to keep riding, keep it down.

Sorry about the rant, but it's been a long, cold winter here in MA and I need some ride-time.

pete :cold:

With me I want a few more db's so the beatch on the phone next to me knows I'm there. I've had three people try to come into my lane cause they couldn't be bothered to look and see if the lane was clear. Never had that problem with the Thrux. Just something so I can hear the engine and they know of my presence.

Have been thinking about the Remus Hexacones for awhile, that is what I would get, if anything. Don't like the band used for mounting on all the others I've seen.

+1.

I chuckle when someone shows pictures of their expensive bling exhaust cans and they have that crappy looking strap mount in the middle of the can. :blink:

No band / strap mounting on Staintunes either.

+1.
I chuckle when someone shows pictures of their expensive bling exhaust cans and they have that crappy looking strap mount in the middle of the can. :blink:

No band / strap mounting on Staintunes either.

+1 +1 I agree with Fred, however when I mentioned the ugly strap mount, I was horribly dogpiled by other FJR owners

who seemed put off by my comments. I have an '06 with Staintunes, and I absolutely love the looks and the sound.

Winewhisperer

Let me guess: Were they FJR owners of bikes with after market exhausts with the crappy looking strap mountings by any chance? :rolleyes:

:p

Just don't go bad mouthin the autoshiftin' AE's on a Friday or you'll be learnin' the true meaning of dogpile. ;)

Let me guess: Were they FJR owners of bikes with after market exhausts with the crappy looking strap mountings by any chance? :rolleyes:
:p

Just don't go bad mouthin the autoshiftin' AE's on a Friday or you'll be learnin' the true meaning of dogpile. ;)
Gee Fred, your guess would be correct, and I have ridden with several AE owners, so I know better than that. Plus, I have

no problem with the AE, I just like shifting gears with a clutch.

Winewhisperer