Exhaust Recommendations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomato

Reaction score
Newby here, so I apologize if you guys have heard this 1000 times...But I need exhaust recos from the pros.

Looking more for a deep, throaty sound than I am power. Don't get me wrong, power would be great, but I would rather not have to get a Power Commander or reprogram.

Any options out there?

Thanks!

Tomato tomauto - This just came up today. clicky, also Google is your friend. Try searching by typing in - site:fjrforum.com, and your search parameters.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let the pummeling you are about to receive dissuade you from these forums. ;) Lots of good info here. Search for: holeshots, two brothers, staintunes, blue flame, leo vince, remus, D&D, to name a few (perhaps most).

If looks are important as well as a little extra sound, try these babies on for size. After installation I did the smog removal, adjusted idle, synced the throttle bods and shes good except for a little lean on the very bottom. I don't NEED a PC3 but bought one anyway. This is my 3rd set. https://www.holeshot.com/

The owner can assist in questions personally (Dale Walker)

84a8fe87.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
try https://www.fjr13.org/documents/70.html that is from the Aussie site. You can compare clips. Not the same as in person, but fun to listen to. I run the 2 brothers carbon fiber slip ons. Could not be more happier with the sound. Very deep and throaty, not shrill like most rockets sound. I was leaning toward holeshots, until i heard the 2 bros at Daytona on another FJR. But damn, the black holeshots on the 08 black look SWEET!! According to D&D Exhaust Tech Dept. they won't work on the GEn II bikes.

Those Whole Shots definitely look sweet! I'm down to either Two Brother's or Leo Vince. Those sound clips were great. The LV's sounded a lot "throatier" than the TB's, but that could certainly be the video.

Thanks.

Those Whole Shots definitely look sweet! I'm down to either Two Brother's or Leo Vince. Those sound clips were great. The LV's sounded a lot "throatier" than the TB's, but that could certainly be the video. Thanks.
I have the LV titanium slip-ons on my '06A. They sound great and the satin silver-gray finish is a perfect match to the silver used on the side panel holding the FJR moniker on the '06. However, if I had a black '08, I'd seriously consider the black Holeshot cans (without the logo on the side) instead.