Exhaust swap or modification?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you changed or modified the exhaust on your FJR?

• Yes, aftermarket

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Yes, modified (Trooper, other)

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • No, but plan to

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • No, and don't plan to

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • I changed or modified, but went back to stock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You left out 'Bought your FJR used with aftermarket already installed'. My 06 has a full Holeshot system courtesy of the PO!

I have thought of buying a set of stock cans to see if I'd like running stealth mode sometimes but never got around to it.

Yes, Leo Vince cans on my '05.
Thanks for the info on the performance gain; I'm guessing that's without a PC or other FI mod? Which Leos do you have? The LV-One, or the earlier version with the outlet spigot?
Correct - no PC. I do have a Uni-Flow filter and did remove the "horn" from the outside of the airbox for better flow but that's it. A couple of pounds lighter than stock but not by an order of magnitude or anything like that.

These are the earlier version from maybe 2005 or so?

I have thought about repacking them the last couple of years but just never seem to get around to it and they still sound great...

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed to Leo Vince titanium(which they don't make anymore).They are a lot lighter,but more to the point,they dissipate

heat very quickly,this is important in hot weather.My passenger doesn't complain now!

I'd like after market cans that are quieter than stock, not noisier. And angular body panels like a stealth fighter with radar absorbing paint. I could go zipping past the LEO's and they'd never even know I was there. THAT would be cool!

I'd like after market cans that are quieter than stock, not noisier. And angular body panels like a stealth fighter with radar absorbing paint. I could go zipping past the LEO's and they'd never even know I was there. THAT would be cool!
might be hard to find aftermarket that is QUIETER than stock but there are several the are just a little more tone than stock and have the angular panels.

The Remus Hexa-Cone (spelling) has all that and looks and sounds very good. Not cheap but quality never is.

My bike also came with two sets of mufflers from the PO. Muzzy slipons and stock. I switched to stock right away, but felt that a year later i would give the Muzzy a try again, but with a repack and I made a set of bushings to tame the noise some.

I am pleased with them now and they are 25 percent quieter and still have some bark when you want them to :)

https://s604.photobucket.com/user/twowheelr/media/IMG_0058_zps88a75bd5.jpg.html