Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ant1750

Reaction score
Looking for an exhaust with a deep growl if possible. I like the sound on Beowulf. Anyone know where I can get the best deal on them? Or anyone have a better suggestion?

well, I have D&D. I totally like them for the note they put out. Before I got them, I was sold on the Beowolf exhaust sounds from video on youtube and here. However dropping $600.00 bucks on aftermarket exhaust was not appealing so I dropped the idea. But I found some D&D close for less than $150.00 and I ran and scooped them up. Honestly if there is a decerning difference in the AM exhaust it's minor. So, I say that to leave this; if money is no object then get those BW's...but if$$ matters, search for a good deal on some forsale exhaust and you will probably be happy and the notes will sound super sweet knowing you saved $400-600.00 bucks. Good luck..

ps..there are times though, a quiet ride is desired and I miss the stock, but not that often. still in garage so, no biggie to switch.

Looking for an exhaust with a deep growl if possible. I like the sound on Beowulf. Anyone know where I can get the best deal on them? Or anyone have a better suggestion?
SOLD- I have a nice used Two Brother's system I'd let go pretty cheap if you're interested. I see you have a 2010 like mine. They're the standard aluminum can M2 set-up, but I didn't like the way the anodized gold looked with our silver bikes. So I took the cans apart and had the end-caps of the cans ceramic coated black. Then I had the exhaust tip power coated a nice deep red. It looks really nice on a silver bike and is totally professional. The ceramic coating is good to 1200 F so no problems with the coating coming off the muffler end-caps. I also have the P1X silencer that I had ceramic coated black as well but if you want loud you wouldn't want that in. Two Brothers have a nice growl too especially without the exhaust tip in. They are about 6 months old and in really nice shape. They're nice but I took them off when V&H came out with their CS-One exhaust and I had to have it. Anyway, pm me if you're interested. I'd let the Two Brothers go for $300 shipped to the CUS and I can send you pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a nice used Two Brother's system I'd let go pretty cheap if you're interested. I see you have a 2010 like mine. They're the standard aluminum can M2 set-up, but I didn't like the way the anodized gold looked with our silver bikes. So I took the cans apart and had the end-caps of the cans ceramic coated black. Then I had the exhaust tip power coated a nice deep red. It looks really nice on a silver bike and is totally professional. The ceramic coating is good to 1200 F so no problems with the coating coming off the muffler end-caps. I also have the P1X silencer that I had ceramic coated black as well but if you want loud you wouldn't want that in. Two Brothers have a nice growl too especially without the exhaust tip in. They are about 6 months old and in really nice shape. They're nice but I took them off when V&H came out with their CS-One exhaust and I had to have it. Anyway, pm me if you're interested. I'd let the Two Brothers go for $300 shipped to the CUS and I can send you pics.
I am interested in buying your 2 Bro's set. I've sent you a PM with my email.

I got my Beowulf (450 mm oval carbon fiber) canisters about two weeks ago and installed them with no problem. I removed the baffles and the bike sounds amazing; the bike drops about 18 pounds when you replace the stock muffler system. The only thing I'm not too pleased about is the method in which Beowulf places their name on the canisters; they use vinyl stickers that will eventually come loose and have to be removed. Other than that their system is really well made, reasonably priced and on par...perhaps superior to many of the popular brands that I have heard/seen. I paid roughly $740 (380 English pounds) including shipping which reached me in less than a week. My local dealer wanted $1,000.00 for a Two Brothers system...I asked if that included mounting and he laughed. Now, I'm the one who's laughing!

Thanks for all the good info everyone. What's the trooper mod thing someone mentioned can you please refer me to original post?

I have a nice used Two Brother's system I'd let go pretty cheap if you're interested. I see you have a 2010 like mine. They're the standard aluminum can M2 set-up, but I didn't like the way the anodized gold looked with our silver bikes. So I took the cans apart and had the end-caps of the cans ceramic coated black. Then I had the exhaust tip power coated a nice deep red. It looks really nice on a silver bike and is totally professional. The ceramic coating is good to 1200 F so no problems with the coating coming off the muffler end-caps. I also have the P1X silencer that I had ceramic coated black as well but if you want loud you wouldn't want that in. Two Brothers have a nice growl too especially without the exhaust tip in. They are about 6 months old and in really nice shape. They're nice but I took them off when V&H came out with their CS-One exhaust and I had to have it. Anyway, pm me if you're interested. I'd let the Two Brothers go for $300 shipped to the CUS and I can send you pics.

Let me know if did not sell them if not I'll probably buy them after you send picks . FYI I am computer retarded I do not know how to pm. I have paypal and can send money that way or if you r in CO meet and good old cash k

well, I have D&D. I totally like them for the note they put out. Before I got them, I was sold on the Beowolf exhaust sounds from video on youtube and here. However dropping $600.00 bucks on aftermarket exhaust was not appealing so I dropped the idea. But I found some D&D close for less than $150.00 and I ran and scooped them up. Honestly if there is a decerning difference in the AM exhaust it's minor. So, I say that to leave this; if money is no object then get those BW's...but if$$ matters, search for a good deal on some forsale exhaust and you will probably be happy and the notes will sound super sweet knowing you saved $400-600.00 bucks. Good luck..

ps..there are times though, a quiet ride is desired and I miss the stock, but not that often. still in garage so, no biggie to switch.

Is the a place to shop for used exhaust a site other then here? What's d and d stand for? I am new to sport bikes rode cruisers my whole life so now all the places I used to shop have no parts for my new ride and I am learning about sport bike shops.

Let me know if did not sell them if not I'll probably buy them after you send picks . FYI I am computer retarded I do not know how to pm. I have paypal and can send money that way or if you r in CO meet and good old cash k FYI I live in c/s co so if local it's easy enough to meet up k

Is the a place to shop for used exhaust a site other then here? What's d and d stand for? I am new to sport bikes rode cruisers my whole life so now all the places I used to shop have no parts for my new ride and I am learning about sport bike shops.

D&D are an exhaust company..located here

Okay thanks for all info. I now looked up both. I think I m good I drilled out my last exhaust on a cruiser but I am not intersted in doing the same on this bike. I think I will just spend the money and buy a set. Thanks

I have Holeshots on my 04' and they sound great! Real deep and throaty, and cheaper than most. Go to their website and the have a dyno tune and videos, four more hp to boot also at the wheel.