Extended Warranty

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
Ordered the extended warranty from D&H a few weeks ago and wondering how long it takes to get the info from Yamaha? Anyone know about the time table for this? Thanks, PM. <>< :blink:

As long as D&H put it in it doesn't matter. you are in the system. All you have to know is that you have 4 extended years after the original warranty, unlimited miles with no deductible.

IIRC, it took a while. Maybe 8 weeks or so before I received all the paperwork.

Relax, you should be good at being a waiter now. :lol:

:p

Ordered the extended warranty from D&H a few weeks ago and wondering how long it takes to get the info from Yamaha? Anyone know about the time table for this? Thanks, PM. <>< :blink:
I just picked my FJR up from D&H this past Saturday. I also bought the YES and here is a quote off the paperwork given to me by Renaa at D&H.

"If you do not recieve your actual Y.E.S. contract within 60 days, call Yamaha at 1-800-962-7926 right away. The offical Y.E.S. contract and identification card are your assurance that your Y.E.S. plan is in effect."

So, I guess give it 60 days...... <_<

I just picked my FJR up from D&H this past Saturday. I also bought the YES and here is a quote off the paperwork given to me by Renaa at D&H.

"If you do not recieve your actual Y.E.S. contract within 60 days, call Yamaha at 1-800-962-7926 right away. The offical Y.E.S. contract and identification card are your assurance that your Y.E.S. plan is in effect."

So, I guess give it 60 days...... <_<
Thanks for that waldmana. I'm marking my calander. The folks at D&H are the best folks and the best deal and if I lived in that part of the country I would be dealing with them from the beginning. PM. <>< :D

Does anyone have contact info for D&H? I just paid $865.00 for a 4 year YES. The dealer told me that if I did not buy it that day, then it would be more expensive to buy it later. Is this a load of CRAP, or what? I'd like to cancel the one I bought and buy it for less somewhere else!

Thanks,

L

Does anyone have contact info for D&H? I just paid $865.00 for a 4 year YES. The dealer told me that if I did not buy it that day, then it would be more expensive to buy it later. Is this a load of CRAP, or what? I'd like to cancel the one I bought and buy it for less somewhere else!

Thanks,

L
The dealers will give you a discount when you pay for your bike if you do it at that time. I declined this as I knew the discount I was offered was still almost two hundred over what I paid at D&H for the 4 year warranty. All this because of the great info gained here at the FJRForum before I purchased. Wish you luck in your endevor. PM. <>< :D

$865 for extended warranty???????????? All the more reason for us to patronize D&H in Cullman;

they are HONEST business people. They are a 'one of a kind' dealer. :D

$865 for extended warranty???????????? All the more reason for us to patronize D&H in Cullman;

Phone number for D& H in Cullman???

IronMaiden said:

I just googled them and got a phone number. They'll sell me the same 48 month Y.E.S. plan for $389. Now, I'm off to my dealer to cancel and get a refund. Wish me luck!

L

Good luck....you'll probably need it.....dealers are always much better @ taking your money then giving it back....they'll probably try & charge you for the paperwork that they have already done.... :angry2:

When I purchased my 4 year Y.E.S the other night for $369.00, yup...$20 LESS than D+H...from NEC in Elkhart, IN I was told the papers should be here in 60 days.

Should anyone be interested call Paul Whittmer at NEC (574) 264-0618 to get this price for their FJR Y.E.S.

No affliation, just a pleased repeat NEC customer....both FJRs from them along with lotsa other bikes. DFO :D

i am a newbie on this board.

i consider buying a 2005 FJR.

r u looking for extended waranty just to play is safe

or you have solid reason to believe the bike has some

issues ?

Ovi

Ack!!!

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa..............

I hope that the most valuable thing that you have learned here today is NOT that D&H is the best place to buy the Y.E.S., but that you need to consult with your FJR bretheren here on FJRForum when considering anything FJR related. There is a wealth of experience and knowledge here and we will not steer you wrong.

Well, at least not usually. ;)

:p

Hope you were able to get your money back from that :asshat: dealer.

Glad to see you on an FJR and look forward to seeing you soon at the Cal24. And here's another little nugget of wisdom, free, and courtesy of SkooterG:

While running the Cal24 on your brand spankin new purty FJR...............

DON'T CRASH!

I hope that the most valuable thing that you have learned here today is that you need to consult with your FJR bretheren here on FJRForum when considering anything FJR related.
Hope you were able to get your money back from that dealer.

And here's another little nugget of wisdom, free, and courtesy of SkooterG:

While running the Cal24 on your brand spankin new purty FJR...............

DON'T CRASH!
Hey Greg,

I've learned a very valuable lesson. You folks here just saved me enough money to get my custom seat done from Rich's in Seattle next week! Thanks All!!!

While I was supremely pissed at the dealer about the warranty, I have to say that I am impressed that they asked no questions when I told them I wanted to cancel. I had a check in the mail the next day.

As for the Cal-24~my plan is to repeat as the top dog donation getter! Mama needs a new stitch. I'll be there for you, though, to cut your steak if you repeat your feat from last year. After all, what are friends for???

See ya in a couple of weeks,

Lisa