EZ PASS Holder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
everything is the same as a car .except i mounted it 2 inches above the blue bracket that holdes the windscreen on . and on the inside of the windscreen

Same as WheatonFJR. Right on top of the tank bag, and it registers about 90% of the time. I have done that for 2-3 years, and have never heard anything from the tollway about the times it doesn't register.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I don't like using a tank bag and didn't want to put the ugly Velcro on my windshield but looks like I have no choice. I've tried putting it around my neck on a strap but it doesn't work all the time.

I tried putting magnets on the bottom of the I-Pass, but they weren't strong enough in my opinion. The tank bag was the quick and easy solution, but I hear what you are saying. REALLY strong magnets might be an option for you, but I never looked into it that much. Good luck.

I had mine stuck on top of a tech mount. The tech mount screws into the spare threaded hole on the clutch side where a mirror would go if we had bar mounted mirrors. I stuck velcro on the back of the ex pass and on the tech mount. I faced it up and forward as much as possible, about 60 degrees from horizontal. It worked fine. You could probably stick it on top of your radar detector or whatever devices you have up front and it would work, just use some strong velcro on the back side so the side with the plastic velcro-like strips is facing up and somewhat forward with no metal obstructions.

Recently I needed the tech mount for something else so I stuck the normal ez-pass things on the windscreen near the bottom like Zorkler described.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where you live, but, in the accessory areas of the bigger carwashes and at some of the rest stops on the PA turnpike, they have suction cup mounted ezpass holders that you could mount on the inside of the windscreen.

I just leave mine in the glove box, put 'er in neutral while coasting into the toll plaza, hold it up, then put it back in the glove box while still coasting. Was a little awkward the first couple of times, but, now it's no problem.

My EZPass rides on the windshield via the velcro. With a tinted windscreen it is hardly noticeable and most always gets read without problems. Most of the time it hangs out in the fairing pocket until I get far enough east that I can actually use it. Then I just pop it out and attach it to the velcro.

dougc

Velcroed inside the top box lid.

Works 100% of the time.

Only hook is you need the trunk!

I just put mine in the glove box and never had a problem going through toll booths in several places in MD, PA, and Delaware. It rests inside on top without any attachments. I only put it there when I know I'll need it.

This install uses a strip of 3m DualLock 400 for this - the standard supplied cheesy velcro strips won't cut it.

102427381-L.jpg

Since I have a 'Stitch Roadcrafter, and it has a zippered pocket on the right sleeve, that is where the EZ TAG lives. As I pass through the toll booth, I do a sort of modifed Nazi salute and it registers every time. The 'Stitch has enough padding that this flat rectangular hockey puck probably wouldn't be a problem in a crash. No more than a cell phone or a set of extra keys, anyway. But......I may try some of the suggestions listed here. Here in the Houston area, motorcycles still get the old style battery tag, whereas cars get the newer RFID flat stickons that are very thin and flexible.

Don't sweat it. Put it in the little glove box and forget it. If you go through and it doesn't register, they have gnomes who will check the video for your license plate and manually charge you. As long as your license number is registered with them, it won't matter. If for some reason a storm trooper decides to chase you down, you have the thingy with you so he can't ticket you.

Or, you could just outrun him. :devil:

I have mine mounted on my helmet like a fin. Does any one know why the have to be so darn large and why they can't come in black? Do they melt in cars windows or something if they are black? :cheff:

Take care when planning a mounting system for your EZ Tag guys, I live in the Houston area and they have recently changed from the transponder type as reflectred in the photo by Kaitsdad, to a small stick-on 2" square sticker containing what looks like a diode. This is not an invasive or obvious item and can be stuck on in out of the way places, or even on the fork tubes. Check it out before you do anything compoicated, they might be planning on changing their tags to the one like I have. Jabber