Factory Replacement Part

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ordrock

Reaction score
Last summer while riding over the Columbia River towards Vancouver WA, some dumbass driving a pick up had some of the crap fall out of his truck onto the roadway. I think it was a piece of stucco that I ran over denting my header and scratching the lower plastic pieces.

Well, I waited until the end of the good riding season and cold weather to take the bike into Cycle Town over here in Hermiston, OR. The great guys at Cycle Town have taken it pretty personal when it comes to doing the repairs. Cory the parts guy and my neighbor has had to return parts back to Yamaha, because of the lack of quality assurance on the part of the factory to supply quality replacement parts.

It seems as though the factory or the warehouse folks don’t take much pride in their work to get out factory perfect replacement parts to their customers. I was told that parts arrived at the dealership with scratches and the last shipment had the paint all f’ed up. The parts guy Cory has had to return the parts three times, makes me wonder just what do the people at Yamaha expect me the consumer and bike owner to accept.

I feel as though the folks at Cycle Town are doing the right thing and not wanting to do a half ass job and get my bike back to me in less then perfect condition. Cory is making the idiots at the parts warehouse and Yamaha provide a quality replacement part, not only for my bike but for all of their customers.

The thing that sucks is that I was hoping to have the bike back by now, you know “toy for tots” rides for Christmas. Besides my son has just purchased an old classic Honda CB750F, he wants to ride together, son and dad stuff.

Hope the rest of you guys have better luck with getting genuine Yamaha replacement parts.

Were they damaged in shipping?

Japan to the USA is a "fer piece" and the warehouse gang may not be handling them with kid gloves either. :unsure:

Then there's the last carrier to deliver to your Dealer.

Hmmm...hasn't been my experience. The 3 or 4 times I've gotten Yamaha parts they were all undamaged.

I've NEVER had an issue with the plethora of OEM parts I have ordered.

Are you SURE it's not the shop fuking up and making excuses?

I have received some parts form dealers (not Yamaha, only because I haven't bought much from them) that were messed up real bad. One I had to get a new side case cover for my sons dirt bike. Brand new out of the wharehouse, it had a huge gouge in the side that mates to the engine. I was so pissed they could do something like this, I waited over two weeks for the part. The parts guy looked at it and said, wow, bummer. Didn't even offer to return it etc, just waited for me to start the conversation, and I did. It was on the top side so no engine oil really sat in it and I didn't want to wait another couple weeks so I smoothed out the gouge and lived with it. Or I could have waited another couple weeks of riding.

P10102032.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: