Factory Yamaha Heated Grips added to an 07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonroe

Reaction score
I have done several searches with various combinations of words and strings and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I am seriously considering purchasing the Yamaha factory heated grips for my 2007, however, I would really like to get some feedback and possible intructions from those that have installed them. I am mechanically inclined but concerned about finding the wiring connectors, the amount of body panels that have to come off, getting the grips back on properly, total time involved, etc.

Any thoughts, ideas or links to this information would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

I put them on a couple of months ago. It is an easy install - 4-5 hours if you take your time. Difficult bit for me was getting the new throttle housing back together so that the wire moved freely. If you are putting on a G2 at the same time (which I recommend) the time goes up a bit. Another frustrating part was finding the plug under the left front cowling. You have to go in through the wheel well and they hid it pretty well. All in all though, not a difficult job.

Paulie

I installed mine on my '08 about two months ago. It took me about 6 hours. Removing the side panel on the left makes finding the power connection relatively easy, near the front left turn signal. The throttle pull wires was the most difficult part, requiring finger strength and dexterity. Two pairs of hands would have been helpful, although I did it by myself.

The instructions mention it is a 2 hour job for a dealer tech. Ha!

Ron

I installed them last winter. I did everything from the top. It is about a 4 hour job. The connectors are easy to figure out. The hardest part is getting everything apart to find the connectors and then putting the new throttle housing together. Please feel free to PM me. I would be happy to talk with you and help you out.

John