fair price for a 2007?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinjryan

Reaction score
9000 miles ...comes with trunk unused ....has frame sliders but needs new tires and has 1 leaky fork seal. needs ecu recall done ...and ignition recall ..

$7800....very clean

That sounds like a really fair price to me. I would hope mine would bring that if I sold it. You will probably get a lot of opinions on price,but personally I would spent a little more on a verty clean bike.

So tell em $7500 since it needs rubber and fork seals. I think thats a good deal. I picked up my 06 w/12k miles for $6500 last October.

9000 miles and the fork seal is leaking?

Hhmmm

9000 miles of what?

33658555.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Take another look at the market. $7700 is too much money for an '07, even with only 9000 miles. You're probably looking at close to $200 [dealer prices] to repair the leaky fork seal plus another $300+ for tires. Recalls not completed...why. If the PO didn't take time to complete the recalls, what else did he neglect? Subtract both repair costs and that's your price.

Just my $.02

--G

I have been looking for months in northeast area and nothing great for sale!!! the trunk is worth 300 bucks. he has a cover for it and some heal guards also..no dents dings or major scratches.

i had the Vin checked and he got the new mounting plate for trunk and the ecu was done. he also said he got the harness recall done...but yamaha doesn't see it so i will check the frame.

I saw some better deals but far away from Jersey!!! And very few with 9k miles.

I just bought my '08 in Dec, and was looking at '07's too. There were several '07's out here in SoCal for around $7500. The '07 I was looking at before I bought the '08 was dealer maintained w/new rubber and a Corbin heated seat. It is actually still for sale: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcd/2849605563.html

I know it is a different region and therefore a different market, but the price being asked even after your negotiating considering the tires and fork seals is significantly too high.

Spring is not that far off. If you can wait until then there will be more for sale in your region. Also if there really aren't any decent deals to be had around there, don't rule out a distance purchase. For the (at least) $400 you would save on price, and +$400-600 for tires and fork seals you could find one a few States away and do a fly-and-ride and have a heck of a nice trip back home. This is what these machines were built for!

Prices are only going to go up once spring hits. Overall, with trunk, low mileage and close-to-home I think this is a pretty good deal. I suspect the leaking fork is just some dirt in the seal and can be cleared easily. I would, however, plan on changing the fork oil (both), changing coolant and flushing hydraulics (brakes and clutch). Make sure ALL the recalls are done and then pull the trigger on a great touring machine!

Ross

Edit: You might ask him to split the cost of a new set of Michelin PR2's to seal the deal. Saves you another $150 and gets you started with fresh rubber.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the matter with all of you. He specifically stated it was an '07.

Hell, at 100,000 miles and $10,000 it would be a steal.

Mark

Put on your best poker face. Walk in waving 73 crisp benjies and say here it is, take it or leave it because I have my eye on another promising candidate that I am heading over to look at if I walk out of here. You haven't burned any bridges and you can always come back the next day and just say it didn't work out. A good poker face and cash in hand works.