fair price for a 2007?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed on it...was worth 7500 and wouldnt take it.
For what it is worth: something as good or better will come along shortly.

I bought an '07 a year ago last November with less than 5,000 miles on it and a few farkles for $7500. At the time $7500-$8000 seemed to be the going price for 3 or 4 bikes I saw for sale, but was too far away to go get. It cost me about $300 to go and get it, but I felt I got a reasonable deal.

I would guess there will be something similar for $7,000-$7,500 if you just keep looking.

Passed on it...was worth 7500 and wouldnt take it.
I guess it just depends on whether it was the right bike for you or not. Personally, for the sake of a couple of hundred bucks spread over years of ownership, that much money wouldn't make a difference to me. I spend many times that price differential per year in gas, insurance, tires and maintenance. How good (or bad) a deal is it if you don't happen to find the right bike in a reasonable timeframe? On the other hand, if you're not sure the FJR is what you need (want) then let it go. There may be better deals out there in your region but maybe not.