Fair price for a used Sargent seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RideTheBlackHills

Reaction score
I am currently selling my 05 FJR with the stock seat, but I have an aftermarket Sargent seat that I never used as well. My plan is to sell the seat seperately but I don't know what a fair price for it is. I see they are $550 brand new.

By the way the only reason I am selling it is because I have young kids and just can't ride it like I used too. I don't want this post to be a "hey buy my crap" but if anyone is interested here is the ad for the bike: https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/mcy/2264073845.html

If the seat is in okay shape with no rips, etc, you can probably get about 60% of a new seat price (going by recollection, cannot find many for sale right now). Could be more if the seat has few miles on it (I see that you never used it, did anyone before you?), less if the seat is worn out or has significant asthetic problems. I did find one for sale a while back that only had 3 short rides (total <150 miles) of use, and the seller wanted $400 for the seat that was a touch over $500 new. Good luck!