Farkle time

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find it right now, but the California Vehicle Code specifies a limit of FOUR headlights on a bike (or forward-facing white lights, I believe it says), with models like the FJR counting the dual headlight setup as one. I was concerned about this when I added my four Clearwater lights--two each size. So I'm one over. I've never worried about it, or encountered a LEO who was worried about it.

I wonder how they'd like yours here. :lol: Me, I think I like it. Maybe Florida's different anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find it right now, but the California Vehicle Code specifies a limit of FOUR headlights on a bike <snip>

I wonder how they'd like yours here. :lol: Me, I think I like it. Maybe Florida's different anyway.
I'll be in CA this summer for a short bit so guess will find out! I'll test the waters here first; mighta shoulda thought of this before but when I got rollin' on the lighting mods I just - couldn't - stop! :rolleyes:

I lived in San Diego during most of the 80's and had a Navy buddy roommate that had a beater '59 Sportster; he got pulled over one night and the cop told him that bike was a moving violation LOL! Don't remember all the things he was wrote up for, but one of 'em was for pollution because the bike was smokin' and "marking it's spot" on the side of the road where he was pulled over. Don't figure the FJR will cause me those kinda problems!