Farkled Out...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPORT

Reaction score
Just installed the last of my farkles and mods.

It already had Heated Grips, wired Tank bag and a ThrottleMeister installed.

Let see; I hard wired the Autocom to the aux bus bar and added another fuse. The Autocom is situated under the seat next to the tool kit. However, I ran the wires for my MP3 player, Walkie Talkie and cell phone to the left forward compartment by drilling a hole on the bottom side of the compartment (yes all three gadgets will fit). My helmet wire comes from between the front and rear seats. My wifes comm wire comes out of the left side from under her seat. Next I hard wired my GPS wiring to the same bus bar on the right side and added another fuse. The GPS is mounted on the left bar using a RAM mount. I also did the Barbarian mod +7, and it runs much better...no need for the PCIIIUSB (for the moment). Modified (soldiered wires to) my automotive garage door opener and velcro'd it just above the coils on the right side fairing panel (underside). I ran the wire through the M/C harness and to a PTT (Push To Talk Switch ~ Normally Opened) located just below the windscreen control. Makes coming home much easier.

I think that's about it...for now.

Have I missed anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have I missed anything?
Different windscreen, sliders, risers, tail bag/trunk, traxxion front, penske rear, audiovox electronic cruise control, wild bill highway pegs, radar detector...I'm sure I'll think of more in a little while. :p

Have I missed anything?
Different windscreen, sliders, risers, tail bag/trunk, traxxion front, penske rear, audiovox electronic cruise control, wild bill highway pegs, radar detector...I'm sure I'll think of more in a little while. :p
Oh ya, it already has sliders and a Givi trunk. Someday I would like to put a true crusie control on her and a customized leather seat. Radar Detector might be cool...until you get pulled over and discover it's illegal. I'm also iterested in installing that 4-point video camera, but the lack of money prevents that. Highway pegs are'nt for me, but the Traxxion and Penske system...now your talking. I'll have to price that out.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Don't forget Fenda Extenda, fork brace, Magnum Blaster horns and wiring harness by FJRandy, aftermarket seat, rack for top of Givi, Hyperlights, Helmet Guardian, Original type Throttle Rocker, VistaCruise, Powerlets (3), Datel voltmeter, custom bar ends from Jarmo, IBA license plate backer (you'll have to earn that). High intensity headlight bulbs. Did anyone mention sliders? Sorry if I repeated anyone.

Good start, though..... :clapping:

My goodness Charlie Hoss, with the rack on the Givi top box, It'd be cheaper to buy a Wing. :rolleyes:

I prefer the stocker windshiel;, but the Blaster horns (& harness), fork brace, aftermarket seat, True HID lamps (not add ons), and a Throttle Rocker.

Although I've done several unofficial Iron Butt rides, I'll be looking into earning the IBA plate backer.

Thanks for the list as I'm adding these ideas to my wish list.

Go for the Nautilus Compact Air Horn. Mine is sitting in the garage waiting for me to get off my ass and install it. Got Randy's harness which is a really nice piece of work, and just have to fabricate two pretty simple brackets.

Go for the Nautilus Compact Air Horn. Mine is sitting in the garage waiting for me to get off my ass and install it. Got Randy's harness which is a really nice piece of work, and just have to fabricate two pretty simple brackets.
For the Nautilus horns, I just used the flat brackets the give you. You're going to have to modify the inner fairing pieces, there isn't enough room for the larger horns. Randy's harness is a piece of art, and extremely easy to put on.

I have seen JARMO ref'd several times for Bar ends - love to have a set of JARMO Barends! how do I get ahold of him?

Thanks

Lew :drinks: