Farkler Retirement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
Well, ladies and gentlemen, this post is a major milestone for me. I have an '05 with ABS and today marks my official retirement as a farkler.

With this week's successful install of an Audiovox cruise control I am confident I now have the most farkled FJR on the entire planet. Several of you have pointed out that this is not necessarily an honorable accomplishment, especially in light of the low miles on my bike (4,000). I did not attend WFO this year because I heard rumors that I would be lynched due to my low miles/high farkle ratio.

Now that there's nothing left to add and no room if there was, I am switchin gears to RIDING. I leave next week for a 5 week, 8,000 mile North American adventure. I'll provide good info upon my return (and perhaps a blog along the way).

If the trip is successful, I'll do something like this each year.

I have to repeat a warm thanks to all contributors on this forum and a special thanks to the wrencheads that made all of this farkling possible.

Mogan

Master Farkler, Retired

Last edited by a moderator:
Mogan,

Have a safe and fun trip. Let us know how all your modifications worked out (or didn't work out for that matter). You did see the "computer on bike" farkle didn't you??

Well, ladies and gentlemen, this post is a major milestone for me. I have an '05 with ABS and today marks my official retirement as a farkler.
Why does this statement seem like something from a recovering farkler. First you have to admit you have a problem my friend.

With this week's successful install of an Audiovox cruise control I am confident I now have the most farkled FJR on the entire planet.
You think it's even more farkled than Peter Hoogeveen with a ruggedized tablet PC and periscope to see his gauges? Whoa. I'd have to see that one to believe it. :blink:

I did not attend WFO this year because I heard rumors that I would be linched due to my low miles/high farkle ratio.
Mocked and teased? Absolutely. Lynched? No way.

Now that there's nothing left to add and no room if there was, I am switchin gears to RIDING. I leave next week for a 5 week, 8,000 mile North American adventure. I'll provide good info upon my return (and perhaps a blog along the way).
Cool! Now multiply that 8,000 mile trip by 5 times and you should end up with the appropriate amount of LD miles for your farkle collection.

MoganMaster Farkler, Retired
Perhaps you're "Master Farkler, In Remission"

ttiwwop.gif

And lots of them please. :D

If you can, please post an image of your route, dinners on me if you swing by my hometown.

I second that. . since your profile doesnt say where you are from. If you come by the Washington, DC area. Hit me up. . . I'll ride with you and throw in dinner to top.

Route is posted in the long distance riding section. Going from NJ to Banff...more or less. I am passing through Richland, WA...

Current farkle list (probably not comprehensive):

Audiovox cruise with Skyway mount

Color-matched throttlemeister

AnT rear view camera

Garmin 2730

Passport 8500

HARD system radar alert

???? grips

Cee Bailey windshield and headlight covers

Heated grips

PHIDs (dual controls)

Blue Sea 12 circuit bus

Russell front seat

Sargent pillion

Front powerlet

Rear dual powerlet

Tanji pipe covers

Rear hyperlights

Bagster tank bra and bag

Built-in dual heatrollers for Gerbings

Single built-in heatroller for grips

Electrosport stator

Datel voltmeter in mirror

FZ mirrors

Smartire

90 degree tire valves

Wilbers shock & front springs

Speigler clutch & brake lines

Galfer wave rotors

K&N air filter

Larry fork brace

Larry risers

Tanji fuel cell

Roho airhawk seat cushion

Highway pegs

Carbon fiber stator cover

Fenda extenda

moko sliders

Pillion seat vibrator

Autocom ProAVI with Kenwood bike-to-bike

ACR locator beacon

Radiator cover

Compact nautilus horn

Here are a few out of date pics. My old post showing these seems to have been lost.

190j3504.jpg

190j3495.jpg

IMG]https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/dmcahn/190j3493.jpg[/img]

190j3491.jpg

190j3488.jpg

190j3476_edited.jpg

190j3473.jpg

190j3471.jpg

190j3469.jpg

190j3485.jpg

And for you that are curious, ONE (yes, only one) of the farkles on my list is a gag. I'm also concerned about the most farkled list. I thought I was a hands down winner until I just heard about the PC. I'll have to get to work on that.

Happy Farkling,

Mogan

FjrChick would be on it in a second ;) . I think she's that kinda girl. You should see her slam tequila.

AnT rear view camera

Garmin 2730

Passport 8500

HARD system radar alert

???? grips

Heated grips

PHIDs (dual controls)

Blue Sea 12 circuit bus

Russell front seat

Sargent pillion

Front powerlet

Rear dual powerlet

Tanji pipe covers

Rear hyperlights

Bagster tank bra and bag

Electrosport stator

FZ mirrors

Smartire

90 degree tire valves

Galfer wave rotors

K&N air filter

Larry fork brace

Larry risers

Tanji fuel cell

Highway pegs

Fenda extenda

moko sliders

Pillion seat vibrator

ACR locator beacon

Radiator cover

Compact nautilus horn

Here are a few out of date pics. My old post showing these seems to have been lost.

190j3504.jpg
You left off your black side-case "bras".... :D

AnT rear view camera

Garmin 2730

Passport 8500

HARD system radar alert

???? grips

Heated grips

PHIDs (dual controls)

Blue Sea 12 circuit bus

Russell front seat

Sargent pillion

Front powerlet

Rear dual powerlet

Tanji pipe covers

Rear hyperlights

Bagster tank bra and bag

Electrosport stator

FZ mirrors

Smartire

90 degree tire valves

Galfer wave rotors

K&N air filter

Larry fork brace

Larry risers

Tanji fuel cell

Highway pegs

Fenda extenda

moko sliders

Pillion seat vibrator

ACR locator beacon

Radiator cover

Compact nautilus horn

190j3504.jpg
You left off your black side-case "bras".... :D
Ahhh YES!

Nice setup :yahoo: Where did you get the hiway pegs? Looks like they are extended a bit and that is just what I am looking for. Also, where is the Sat radio and Ipod, cell phone and CB radio ? ;)

Right on! Pillion Vibrator is the next addition to my bike. Saw these at Bike Week in Datona. The women loved it.

Nice setup :yahoo: Where did you get the hiway pegs? Looks like they are extended a bit and that is just what I am looking for. Also, where is the Sat radio and Ipod, cell phone and CB radio ? ;)
Thanks!

The pegs are Kury (I think). Opted for the extended type rahter than what Wild Bill was packaging with his adapter plates.

Sat radio is there... built into the Garmin 2730, along with MP3 player and weather tracking service. Have the Kenwood for bike to bike radio. Don't need the CB unless you want to talk to wingers. ;)

Right on! Pillion Vibrator is the next addition to my bike. Saw these at Bike Week in Datona. The women loved it.
Actually, this is the one phantom farkle on the list, sorry. :p

Actually, this is the one phantom farkle on the list, sorry. :p
Well, I didn't catch this, but it's obvious once you realize that there is no pillion seat. Very cool.

I have a pretty short list of farkles and several times I told myself that I was installing the last one, but something else always come along that I just have to add. I'll bet that you're going to come out of retirement sooner than you think to install that new something-or-other.