Farkles found under the Chistmas tree?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the okay to buy the Motoport Kevlar Gloves.
Ooo! Glove envy! John T, I see the instructions on their site say to be sure to put your name and glove style on the fax. Does their Kevlar Racing Glove come in more than one style (short, long gauntlet, etc) ? :unsure:
They only come in gauntlet style, which would not have been my first choice a year ago. However, at WFO I tried on the sample Wayne brought with him and it fit like a glove. The only concern I had was the Velcro wearing out. However, everyone I talked to said the Velcro used by motoport does not wear out. And, Wayne tells me he would replace the Velcro on the gloves if it ever wears out.

Wayne gave a great explanation at WFO about gauntlet gloves offering more protection. Since then, I have read many crash reports where riders mention their suits prevented road rash and they only have a little bit of rash on their wrists.

Bill Mayer Dual Saddle

PC070005.jpg

I hit the aerostitch motherload, sort of...

Not one but TWO pairs of triple digit rain covers :)

A Rollie Free T-Shirt, tire repair kit, and water proof duffel and I just ordered up a set of Pilot Road 2's :)

It's gonna be a great year!

-MD

Santa provided me with 2 bike covers, a shorty and full.

Thanks Desert Valley for helping out the parents.

Gerbings Classic Heated Gloves and Fieldsheer riding pants. YEAH! Thank you Santa...he is real, isn't he?

Well... I spoiled myself....

1. PIAA 910's w/top gun brackets (not sure how I rode without them before)

2. 3 Powerlet connections (1 on front right panel and 2 behind seat release)

3. New Bridgestone rear tire

4. Cee Bailey 3+2 (still waiting to see if I like it) it was freaking windy first ride with it.

5. vstrom guards. (was 34 out and hands were warm with just leather gloves) They really do work.

6. New overpants Fieldsheer pants

7. On order Tourmaster heated liner

8. New Stator to run all of this. :)

9. BMW grips

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I manage to find a lump of coal under my tree from Santa.

And by lump of coal, I mean a Dainese gore-text jacket and pants.

And by tree, I mean the newish Dainese store in S.F.

And by Santa, I mean my Amex... Oof.

But, I'm a tough fit and finally managed to find rain-proof pants that reasonably fit, so I shot the wad. Looking forward to giving it a full workout tomorrow.

Good thing that Bimota Tesi at Scuderia didn't fit :)