Farkles piling up around here...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
The Cee Baileys arrived yesterday, along with the head light protectors and new windscreen gasket.

Already installed the Kisan tail light modulators, need to figur eout the headlight modulator install at some point.

Just ordered the N/Line dash, Ram mount ball (and 36mm socket), as well as a Cramp Buster.

Still waiting on a tank ring mount.

Brought home a new Garmin Nuvi 255 WT this evening for the bike. I rationalized saving the $200+ over the other Garmin I was considering was prudent given it'll be out in the rain in a ziploc baggie... :) So, I also purchased the added warranty that covers "accidents", such as might happen to a GPS on a motorcycle... :)

...oddly enough, that was all after I dropped uber bucks on a new Dyson vacuum cleaner... what can I say - we needed a vacuum, it's a pretty cool and will easily work for our needs. It's got a 5 year warranty already, and given we have three dogs, it's extra attachments and power options should make getting the dog fur up & out a bit easier.

Anyway, the tie in here is given it's an expensive vacuum with lots of power, I'm going to try to make it do double duty as a sort of tow-behind turbo charger for the bike. For an intercooler, I'm going to rig up a cooling vest to wrap around the Dyson's "exhaust"... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a real test of the Dyson, I have a Siberian Husky lying here at my feet as I type this, and I guarantee he can test the capabilities of any vacuum when it comes to hair/undercoat!!! :eek:

If you want a real test of the Dyson, I have a Siberian Husky lying here at my feet as I type this, and I guarantee he can test the capabilities of any vacuum when it comes to hair/undercoat!!! :eek:
Given it's trailerable, we could arrnage a test - you sure you want a 100 lbs+ Chihuahua? ;)

It's got a 5 year warranty already, and given we have three dogs, it's extra attachments and power options should make getting the dog fur up & out a bit easier.
Ok, my imagination got the better of me. Sounds...erotic :blink:

How'd we degrade from M/C farkles to vacuum cleaners anyway?

Sounds like the bike is gett'n set up quite nicely...time for a road trip!

Completely my fault for mentioning the housing farkle... :(

Back to the bike, - still waiting on one key item to start a pet project. Gotta call the folks in Ohio today to ask them WTF is up with the slow shipping... :(

Bike goes in to the dealer on Saturday morning for the 600 mile service. :D Looking forward to getting another 900 prms to play with, but honestly, I'm unsure how/where I'm going to use the ower in my daily (commuting) riding... Still, it'll be nice to get through the break-in period and know that's covered and done.

Completely my fault for mentioning the housing farkle... :(

Back to the bike, - still waiting on one key item to start a pet project. Gotta call the folks in Ohio today to ask them WTF is up with the slow shipping... :(

Bike goes in to the dealer on Saturday morning for the 600 mile service. :D Looking forward to getting another 900 prms to play with, but honestly, I'm unsure how/where I'm going to use the ower in my daily (commuting) riding... Still, it'll be nice to get through the break-in period and know that's covered and done.
What's up with your special lockable tank bag?

@Johnny - that's the part I'm waiting on. Turns out when I called yesterday he hadn't even shipped it yet. :( . Apparently it's on it's way today.

@fjrblueman - ah, no. Just prudent budgeting and saving is all. ;)

Holy crap - Farkle Clause hits again!

Seems I got two orders in today

Got the tank lock ring so Operation "WTF, it costs HOW much?!" can commence...

Also got a bunch of stuff from RoadGear, so helmet liner, and, ah, a bunch of other stuff...

• Digital Tire Gauge Combo
  • Ultra-Tour Helmet Liner
  • Sport Touring Tool Pouch
  • Hi-Tec Neckband
  • Adventure Touring Balaclava

But this reminds me I haven't seen the Cramp Buster I ordered. I guess I need to go back through emails and track that down.

Last edited by a moderator: