Farkling - The story so far.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BritRider

Reaction score
First up, Eastern Beaver fuse panel under the seat.

Ran cables from the battery under the right hand side of the tank.

Took the tap for the relay from under the left hand side panel.

Next up my Garmin 665 GPS on a Touratech mount.

Ram mount attached to clutch reservoir.

Fitted a spot mount to the brake reservoir.

Givi Tank Lock flange.

Yamaha touring windscreen.

Givi rack system.

Givi E55 case fitted to the Givi rack.

All good stuff. So much happiness involved in setting up the bike to do its job. My Harley Riding co-workers do the same thing except it is mostly cosmetic...

By the way, did you notice there was a lonely looking Honda ST1300 parked in front of your FJR?

Nice work so far. The electrical stuff intimidates me. I'll do the Givi rack tomorrow. Trunk is on back order. I put MCL highway pegs on today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start Brit!
tonguesmiley.gif

Once you attend a Tech Day, it'll be Katy-bar-the-door round two before you know it.

--G

Get frame sliders or canyon cages installed asap. Fallen bike syndrome happens when you least expect it!

Get frame sliders or canyon cages installed asap. Fallen bike syndrome happens when you least expect it!
I believe he is scheduled to put canyon cages on at the tech day 5/2
Installed the saddlebag bars. Waiting until Tech day for the canyon cages.

Next weekend custom seat fitting at Rich's shop in Kingston.

I would be really interested to hear about your custom seat. I am debating on a Seth Laam, perhaps even doing a ride in since its only about 1200 miles round trip.

Canyon Cages + the bolt on Highway Pegs is a spectacular addition for cheap since your already planning the cages...

These are the pegs I got for the Canyon Cages... very nice...

Highway Pegs

Clamps

IMG_20150405_144149_zps4iar5unf.jpg

While you have the hair dryer out, remove that sticker on the front fender. If you like a very clean look, remove the 1300 stickers on the side fairings and the reflectors on the bags. All the extra stuff causes wing drag and affects your MPG.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="El Toro Joe" data-cid="1220582" data-time="1428194026"><p>

Looks good...now please take that damn warning sticker off of your tank.</p></blockquote>