• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fastbag, Corbin Backrest and Garauld rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rucrispy

Reaction score
I picked up this set of extras for my '06 and have found that I do not need them.

set of pictures on Flickr

I wanted the rack since I used the factory luggage rack on my Honda Shadow all the time and thought that this one would be just as handy. Little did I know there isn't much you can't stuff in the FJR's side cases.

I also thought that my wife may like to have the back rest, however after a few rides with it she does not notice it behind her. My mother does use it when I take her but she does not ride with me nearly as much. So instead of letting this stuff sit around I will pass it on to someone that may be able to use it.

Everything is used and not in perfect condition but all is still very much functional.

A new Fastbag runs $295 (https://fastbagusa.com/) - best way to describe it is a giant, locking compression bag. Fits over the sleeve for the backrest and through bolts to the rack. The compression straps neatly wrap around the rack and stow in the lid. I stuffed a queen sized comforter to show the back expanded. I didn't tighten the straps much to compress it and there was still a lot of room left.

Very clean install and secure. (+$100 for color match from Garauld )

Garauld's color matched rack new $250 - very nice aluminum rack uses stock rack bolt holes, supports the Corbin backrest and is drilled to bolt the Fastbag in place.

I frequently set my helmet on the rack to while getting ready, it also is a great place to lock up a helmet using a short piece of cable. I just run it through the chinbar and the rack then under the passenger seat.

The Corbin backrest new $90

I am selling as a set since all three parts have been made or modified to suit this combination of accessories for $300+ shipping.

PM for additional, better quality images or questions.

I really don't know as it came as a set to me. The Corbin backrest fits into a sleeve made into the rack so I'm not sure if it is even specific to the FJR. I can try and identify the backrest and provide a part number from Corbin if that wound help.

Quick look at Corbin's website suggests that if it's not the same it's very similar to #128 their Special Applications Backrest. https://www.corbin.com/accessories/128.shtml

I don't think the backrest was modified any to work in the rack but that the rack was designed to work with the backrest. I will take some additional pictures of the backrest tonight and add them to the flikr set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Day,

The fastbag website didn't say so I need to ask. Is the fastbag water proof? What color is the fastbag and rack?

Glenn

I picked up this set of extras for my '06 and have found that I do not need them.

set of pictures on Flickr

I wanted the rack since I used the factory luggage rack on my Honda Shadow all the time and thought that this one would be just as handy. Little did I know there isn't much you can't stuff in the FJR's side cases.

I also thought that my wife may like to have the back rest, however after a few rides with it she does not notice it behind her. My mother does use it when I take her but she does not ride with me nearly as much. So instead of letting this stuff sit around I will pass it on to someone that may be able to use it.

Everything is used and not in perfect condition but all is still very much functional.

A new Fastbag runs $295 (https://fastbagusa.com/) - best way to describe it is a giant, locking compression bag. Fits over the sleeve for the backrest and through bolts to the rack. The compression straps neatly wrap around the rack and stow in the lid. I stuffed a queen sized comforter to show the back expanded. I didn't tighten the straps much to compress it and there was still a lot of room left.

Very clean install and secure. (+$100 for color match from Garauld )

Garauld's color matched rack new $250 - very nice aluminum rack uses stock rack bolt holes, supports the Corbin backrest and is drilled to bolt the Fastbag in place.

I frequently set my helmet on the rack to while getting ready, it also is a great place to lock up a helmet using a short piece of cable. I just run it through the chinbar and the rack then under the passenger seat.

The Corbin backrest new $90

I am selling as a set since all three parts have been made or modified to suit this combination of accessories for $300+ shipping.

PM for additional, better quality images or questions.

I don't know that you could call it waterproof, more like weatherproof.

It's not sealed completely but I can't imagine any rain getting in.

The rack and Fastbag are color matched to the '06 blue color. The Corbin seat is a textured black vinyl.

I reposted what I had before HERE, and will drop the price to $250 + shipping.

Let me know if you need anything else or if you would like me to send you additional pictures.

Since the season for most is starting back up soon I'm hoping to get this sold.

I do have pictures but I doubt the Flickr link is active still.

Flickr is empty and Fastbag's domain name has expired. Time to dig out a camera and try again, 6/24/12 to 3/3/14 is quite a gap.

I did not know that Fastbag's website was no longer functional, thanks for letting me know.

I did check and the pictures are still available on flikr with the latest reposted link above.

Yes, it has been up for a while and I remember on occasion to repost when I think people will be looking for new accessories.

Last edited by a moderator: