Fat head & big feet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiummadman

Reaction score
Soooooooooo, I am unable to find a pair of street riding boots or a helmet to fit my fat head in El Paso or the whole state of Nuevo Messico !!

It would be worth it to me to cruise over to Tucson or Phoenix area and go to a store that HAS IN STOCK my size stuff so I can try it on

and BUY it. All the meatheads around here say "we can order", they just don't get it. Please someone recommend a store that I can visit

and do real life shopping at, not this online store stuff. Muchos spankyous and saco un flaco taco.

How far is the Cycle Gear store in Albuquerque?
I drive the 200 miles to Albq. 2-3 times a month. Called them & got the "we can order it" response. I will go to Tucson or Phoenix once

someone has made a recommendation & I have verified by phone that the store is an actual real live bricK & mortar location with

actual inventory that I can purchase. I will not go to a Harley store, afraid of pirates.

I have yet to find a place that carries size 14 boots with any selection than an occasional stray boot....so I found ordering online worked fine for me based off my personal experience with shoes. You may be SOL there.....and calling people meatheads probably won't help you much. Bricks and mortar are often sporadic for inventory...it's just a reality these days.

However, I've found many motorcycle shops carry XL and XXL helmets including Cycle Gear in Phoenix that had a more elusive Shoei Multitec...while they didn't have one that week at the Tucson store. But, they may have one in AB too that's closer to you. I'd suggest calling around to ask if they have a certain brand and size in stock!

In Sacramento we have one of their Super Stores and there is another in San Diego. Huge places with lots of selection in stock to try on. I have seen the smaller satellite stores and understand the "we can order it" response. Keep us posted if you want to do a California trip. :yahoo:

In Sacramento we have one of their Super Stores and there is another in San Diego. Huge places with lots of selection in stock to try on. I have seen the smaller satellite stores and understand the "we can order it" response. Keep us posted if you want to do a California trip. :yahoo:
I have size 13 and a 2xl head... I like the SWAT brand boots... a lot lighter with big azz feet there are plenty of large brain buckets out there

I have yet to find a place that carries size 14 boots with any selection than an occasional stray boot....so I found ordering online worked fine for me based off my personal experience with shoes. You may be SOL there.....and calling people meatheads probably won't help you much. Bricks and mortar are often sporadic for inventory...it's just a reality these days.

However, I've found many motorcycle shops carry XL and XXL helmets including Cycle Gear in Phoenix that had a more elusive Shoei Multitec...while they didn't have one that week at the Tucson store. But, they may have one in AB too that's closer to you. I'd suggest calling around to ask if they have a certain brand and size in stock!
OK, meatheads was inappropriate, what I meant to say was: uneducated, minimum wage earning, pimply faced jive assed give-a-shit no good inexperienced

sons-a-bitches. Thank you for correcting me, I feel much better now.

OK, meatheads was inappropriate, what I meant to say was: uneducated, minimum wage earning, pimply faced jive assed give-a-shit no good inexperienced

sons-a-bitches. Thank you for correcting me, I feel much better now.
Thank you for clarifying, I feel much less likely to bother helping you in the future. <_<

I have size 13 and a 2xl head... I like the SWAT brand boots... a lot lighter with big azz feet there are plenty of large brain buckets out there

13 here too, with the additional problem that my flippers are wide. I'm currently in Joe Rocket Orbits, which I like (which is to say I don't hate them), but they're somewhat heavy and stiff. So I'm curious about the SWAT boots and how wide they run (if you know or have a similar issue).

And I'm Shoei all the way with my XX-sized and-XXX rated brain. :lol: