Feejer is done... finally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
All ready to go for some loooooooooonnnnnggggggg trips! Yea, baby! :clapping:

The only thing left to install is one of my my radar detectors. Are we there yet? :yahoo:

Kootenays and Devil's canyon..... watch out! I is comin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FJRZX-143-26-2009006.jpg

FJRZX-143-26-2009007.jpg

FJRZX-143-26-2009008.jpg

FJRZX-143-26-2009009.jpg

NICE 04 FJR!

But.............waaaay to clean. Go get some bugs and road grime on that thing for crying out loud!

Barb: I just washed the damn thing. I've been out doin' the twisties in slush & sand.

I just got the cupholder. I am NOT going without my latte in the morning! For my other refreshments, I have an Ojio Baja backpack! Yea, baby! Bring it on! :yahoo:

Satellite radio? check.

GPS? check

RD? check

Cruise control? check

Outside temp gauge? check

ipod? check

Cupholder? check

heated vest? check

Storage up-da-ying-yang? double-check

New oil & filter? check

28K checkup & tune? check

By the way, I did some minor mods. I painted the side vent doohickeys black as well as the lower part of the windscreen. I also painted the lower radiator fairing black & painted the mirrors & glove compartment door OEM silver.

Also, I really like the Bags Connection tank bag (it isa bit smaller than most) with the SW Motech gas ring attachment. No magnets or straps. Nothing touches the tank. I do have both.

Are we there yet? What's takin' so long?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks great and I like the effect of the black on the sides of the gas tank and side plate. I have just one question, do you have to have a pilot's license to fly that thing with all those instruments to monitor? :lol:

I have just one question, do you have to have a pilot's license to fly that thing with all those instruments to monitor? :lol:
Yes............................................. :p

Everything with audio is routed through a Mixit2 and into my helmet speakers.

The black pieces on the tank side are magnetic. It used to wrap around the entire tank, but I cut out the back section. I like the chrome tankslapper better.

Wow, looks great. I like how you painted the lower portion of your windscreen.
Thank you. I left a little clear rectangle where the Yamaha decal on the windscreen is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great bro! Nicely put together. The black tankslapper looks awesome! I think I'll add those to mine.

Let us know when yu get there...

Real nice touch on the mirrors and glove box cover, makes me wonder why I never thought of it for my 04. The rest is looking good too. Cup holder? Hmmm, I've thought of that for those morning trips through the mocha stand on my way to work, but don't think I'm ready to make that leap yet. For now, I'll keep using the refillable sealed mug stuck in the tankbag. So I'm good with that, but the day I see one of those beanbag ashtrays on the shelf, well, what more needs to be said?

Don't let'em give you to much crap for being a little clean. Mine looks like that. Not to say it never gets dirty because it sure does. It just gets real clean again. Me, the dog, the bike and a cold refreshment enjoy our little late night "detail parties". :)

Very Nice! Giving me idearrrs for my new to me 04. What are the deflectors behind the mirrors? I miss the protection on my ole connie as it had the mirrors as part of the fairing.