Fenda Extenda or alternative for 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sradek

Redbird!!
Reaction score
I checked the forum and few links, but as of now I haven't found the Fenda Extenda for my 2006. Did I miss a link?

In the meantime, what alternatives are in use by members?

Without the extension, the radiator and underbelly is getting all grimed and bug'ed!

I will be getting a radiator guard as well.

Try this link........put mine on with JB weld, for a "drill-less" installation

fenda extenda

And try this for an easy to install radiator guard('05 at least!)

Cox radiator guard

B)

Fenda Extenda doesn't list years on the application chart, and Cox is only showing up to an '05. Maybe a phone call might find '06 parts. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the forum and few links, but as of now I haven't found the Fenda Extenda for my 2006. Did I miss a link?

Without the extension, the radiator and underbelly is getting all grimed and bug'ed!

Funny you should mention this...as of 9:45am this morning. Quoted from a response to my inquiry of the FE for an '06. Reponse is from Dandy Industries.

"Not yet. The manufacturer keeps pushing the release

date back. "

PTP

Has anyone thought ot an alternative to the fenda-stenda

I am thinking about taking that piece plastic and have it coated with the truck bed liner tuff rubber paint (rhino liner) ?

Any thoughts about it pros,cons???? cost about $35.00

weekend rider

Funny you should mention this...as of 9:45am this morning. Quoted from a response to my inquiry of the FE for an '06. Reponse is from Dandy Industries.

"Not yet. The manufacturer keeps pushing the release

date back. "

PTP
Yeah, the whole thing is phunny. I got the same response.

I am thinking of using simple flappers for now and I might even make a custom FE

For protecting the paint behind the front wheel I bought a kit from Tankslapper. The total protection kit for an 06 FJR came with clear plastic sheets of vynl precut, that you wet and squeege in place. There are sheets for the gas tank, side bags where you hit them with your feet getting on, and behind the front wheel areas. I like it because if you do a good job of appying the sheets you really cannot see them much at all.

https://www.thetankslapper.biz/online-store/scstore/main.htm