Fenda Extenda

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
Are the '06 front fenders the same as the earlier models? I'm gathering farkles for my AE, and the EXTENDA is going on very first thing.

I want to go ahead and order the Fenda from Howard at Dandy Industries, but wanted to ask those in the know before I plunk down the cash.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Until someone starts farkleing an '06 nobody knows for sure what is going to fit or not. Like risers, full ststems, seats,fuel cells etc. Patience grasshopper.

Until someone starts farkleing an '06 nobody knows for sure what is going to fit or not. Like risers, full ststems, seats,fuel cells etc. Patience grasshopper.
Well I figured even if someone just looked a an '06 fender up close and personal, even at a show, they could tell if the fender was the same or not. I know the front end is different. I can't tell by the pics. Hence the query.

Hey, I have a few months yet, so I'm semi patient. I searched for FENDA and didn't get any old info because of the hack, I suppose. Just another reason to bring up the FENDA EXTENDA!

FJRocket,

I've got one of the Fenda Extendas sitting in my farkle box.

I'm supposed to see my A bike sometime before the 15th. I'll let you know if it fits or not.

IMO, only the top of the fender was changed - the 'flat' or 'cup' in the 05's and earlier was there to increase air flow into the radiator - with the new curved radiator, the flat wasn't necessary. So - logically, there was no reason to change the end curvature.

But then, I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife. :) Or my kids. Heck, ask the dog.

I just got an email from Howard Roth at Dandy. He's not sure about the fender change, either.

I'm with you Kaitsdad, I think they changed the top profile, not the bottom. But I don't know.

Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

But then, I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife.  Or my kids. Heck, ask the dog.
Well, of course your wife and kids think you're wrong. But if your dog thinks you're wrong, Man, you are [SIZE=21pt]WRONG![/SIZE]

But then, I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife.  Or my kids. Heck, ask the dog.
Well, of course your wife and kids think you're wrong. But if your dog thinks you're wrong, Man, you are [SIZE=21pt]WRONG![/SIZE]
Yep, SS, that's probably true.

But the cat's ok. She thinks I'm cool.

Man, I gotta get that bike.

Since my son left for college, I'm the only testosterone based life form around here. Everything else is estrogen. Wife, daughter, dog, cat, etc.

And everybody is synched, if ya know what I mean !!!! :blink:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Sorry, but the Fenda Extenda ain't gonna work. Take a close look at the relationship between the fender's end and the chin cowling... ain't no room. Lo siento mucho, hombres.

The Fenda Extenda is not ready for the '06 yet. I'll email Howard and ask if there's been any progress.

Thanks for reminding me!

The '06 is indeed longer, but probably still not enough (I don't have mine yet, so don't know...). The tire/fender is also closer to the fairing, so less debris will get a chance to go up there.

If they make one, I will still put one on my '06...if I ever get it.... :glare:

FJRocket,
I've got one of the Fenda Extendas sitting in my farkle box.

I'm supposed to see my A bike sometime before the 15th. I'll let you know if it fits or not.
Kaitsdad, if it won't work, I will take it off your hands... PM me a price including shipping to Missouri.

ok..i give up whats this crap supose to todo :blink: I have no clue :D

The tire/fender is also closer to the fairing, so less debris will get a chance to go up there.
Don't bet on this Matt. The 06's throw as much debris if not more than the other years with the stock fender. I have been caught in three moderate rain storms so far :eek: and have already hurt the paint on the lower portion of the cowling.

I have already made a extender for mine. Total cost was about $10 including paint. Don't have any pics yet, but if you're interested I might be able to post one in a day or two. The home made extender didn't turn out quite perfect but it will suffice until the real thing comes along.

--G

Thanks G. Sure would like to see pics of your home made extenda.

Howard is waiting to hear from his supplier about the FE for the '06. Stand by...

Although I will probably live to regret this, here is a few pics of the extender I made for my '06. I installed it the same way as my '04, with SS hardware, 10-24 Button heads, washers and nylocks inside the fender. I put some outdoor double sided tape at the top of the extender to seal the joint to keep water / mud from seeping through.

Here is the pattern I started with. Took a couple test fits to get the right size. If I did it again, I would make it 1/4" longer and 3/8" narrower.

Pattern.jpg

I found some pre-formed ABS about the same thickness as the fender. You could match the paint, but in the interest of time I chose basic black. I used Krylon "Fusion" for plastic, satin black. Picked it up at Wally world for under $5.00. Followed the prep directions on the can and it went on very smooth. The stucco pattern was in the plastic I found.

IMG_1627.jpg

Another shot showing the relative fit into the cowling area. IF I could have curved the ABS to better fit the tire radius the extender could be a bit longer.

IMG_1625.jpg

Finally for an idea how much clearance I left while clearing the cowling...

IMG_1624.jpg

The extender definitely cut down the amount of crud on the front cowling. However in this case longer is better.

Enjoy

--G