Fender eliminators ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would love to get rid of the Mack Truck mud flap fender on my 08 FJR. Does anyone know who sales fender eliminator kits so that I dont have to get out the tourch and chainsaw.

Thanks

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Risley,

The best way is to trim the existing fender. What I did was marked the area to be cut ( my cut line) off with some tape. I used metal snips and smoothed out the cut with a dremel and/or a sand paper block. I re-used the factory stock holes in the fender (that held the license plate light) and used those holes for the stock license plate holder (flipped upside down now, bolted it at the bottom... if I remember correctly).

Super easy and cheap!

WW

(I have a lot of pics of my bike in the link below: my signature line)

Question in the rain does your jacket have a line in the middle of dirty water .When you take it off ?

Question in the rain does your jacket have a line in the middle of dirty water .When you take it off ?
Zorkler,

Nope. I still have a part of the fender left that does a pretty good fender job.

WW
I like cheap! I will give that a shot 1st. However when its raining does water get up in the tail section or were you able to seal it off?

Cool pics, you have lots of goodies.

Zorkler,

Nope. I still have a part of the fender left that does a pretty good fender job.

WW
I like cheap! I will give that a shot 1st. However when its raining does water get up in the tail section or were you able to seal it off?

Risley,

No rain inside... Same as the stock setup that a way. I forgot to mention, you will want to remove the left side underseat plastic (to unplug the wires to the license plate light).

WW

wicked man the bike set up is really nice . The cans puts the iceing on the cake

Zorkler,

WW

Risley,

No rain inside... Same as the stock setup that a way. I forgot to mention, you will want to remove the left side underseat plastic (to unplug the wires to the license plate light).

Here in FL they require a plate light when riding in th e dark. How did you light the plate or did you need to?

I cut up a stock fender and made a new bracket for the license plate. It was a pretty big job, as I had to remove and replace the fender. Big job. Carving it up was easy. Everything is sealed up the same as stock, so no water gets in.

You can get a little LED light for the license from many web sources. I tried a lighted frame from Cruiser Customizing, but it sucked. The wire came out between the frame and license plate so it would be pinched and eventually short.

I've had no problems with water on my back, and the license hangs down enough to protect the tail light lenses. They never get any dirtier than the rest of the bike. I don't see how removing that ugly thing would break any laws. With it gone, you still have as much fender as any bobtail.

I still haven't come up with a good solution where to put the inspection sticker on my FJR. A hugger is a good place, but I don't have one.

Howdy, Patriot. Is that what they call you?

I looked, but there weren't any last year when I did mine. I have a spare, too. You know, just in case I messed up.

For some reason, the software isn't letting me link any photos at this time. When I get it figured out, I'll try again to post some.

Here's a link to my pathetic home page with pics of the finished job.

https://home.rr.com/frankoart

Fairlaner did this and I don't think he'd do it again. Fit was not bolt on, needed paint, the cost, etc. The Lake Hughes Road ride it was rubbing on the outside of the rear tire. PM him and ask questions.

Howdy, Patriot. Is that what they call you?

I looked, but there weren't any last year when I did mine. I have a spare, too. You know, just in case I messed up.

For some reason, the software isn't letting me link any photos at this time. When I get it figured out, I'll try again to post some.

Here's a link to my pathetic home page with pics of the finished job.

https://home.rr.com/frankoart
kewl, I look forward to it

I ride in the rain alot and am tired of washing all the big crud off the back end, so went the other way and added a long fender extender in back

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'