Fender extender 2014ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure did. I put it on over this past weekend.

I had one on my 03' for over 10 years using the ABS cement technique with no fasteners. It performed flawlessly the entire time.

I'm considering it. Glad to hear someone has and likes it. How dues the black extender look with the red fender and cowling?

I had one on my 03' for over 10 years using the ABS cement technique with no fasteners. It performed flawlessly the entire time.
Would you mind explaining what the ABS cement technique is. I realize it's glue, but would appreciate the details. Thanks! And where did you buy the extender?

Would you mind explaining what the ABS cement technique is. I realize it's glue, but would appreciate the details. Thanks! And where did you buy the extender?
I see Iggy answered your questions.

I purchased my fenda extender from Motorcycle Larry when I ordered a bar riser from them

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanker, Tks for the very informative thread. I will order an extenda from Motorcycle Larry. That set up looks very good. I too used cement and no screws on my 07 extenda. I used E6000 and it has held for 4 yrs not problem.

There is also a carbon fiber version - they say it is real, not plastic or vinyl - on ebay. I just bought this to check it out. I am also adding other carbon fiber-look pieces this Winter. Stay tuned for pics!

There is also a carbon fiber version - they say it is real, not plastic or vinyl - on ebay. I just bought this to check it out. I am also adding other carbon fiber-look pieces this Winter. Stay tuned for pics!
I too just ordered the carbon fiber from this ebay seller. The suppliers is in Canada. I used PayPal and with the currency conv. it came to $39.29 as opposed to $40.60Canadian.

I just ordered the supposedly last one from the Canadian seller. I am gonna have a lot of stuff to do over the winter to the 14 when it arrives! Probably use the silicone for glue on this one since it is carbon fiber.

I just ordered the supposedly last one from the Canadian seller. I am gonna have a lot of stuff to do over the winter to the 14 when it arrives! Probably use the silicone for glue on this one since it is carbon fiber.
I saw the listing indicate to use "any standard silicone sealer" but has anyone used this stuff before and are there better brands to look for?

Also, I wonder if the seller will wonder why they had a run on the FJR version in the past two days!?

I would stick with a good name brand like Dow Corning or DAP, and make sure that it is 100% silicone for outdoor use.

I would stick with a good name brand like Dow Corning or DAP, and make sure that it is 100% silicone for outdoor use.
Oh, ok. So the same stuff that would be used for exterior window sealant.