FI Cleaner ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Evinrude is using this no winter prep as a marketing tactic on their new 2 stroke outboard boat engines. I have no idea how they get past EPA BS but I assume some type of catalyst or reburn system ? Jestal, Jammer or any of you wizards of internal ( maybe infernal ;) ) wonderment know how they do this? I would love to ride street 2 strokes again, e.g. my old Kawi H2 750 Triple...by now we could even make it turn and stop even... :lmao:

Bobby

Silicone is sure death to oxygen sensors
Very True. Get your face stuck between those silicone "sensors" and breathing can be very tricky.

:thumbup: But what a way to go! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
1 oz. of Dextron Mercon trans fluid per gallon every 6 or 8 tanks. It's an old school trick and much cheaper than any fuel system cleaner. Trans fluid is a solvent and quite good at removing mild varnish deposits. Lets face it if you use a little ever 6-8 tanks, the only buildup your fuel system will ever see is mild. I've done this for all of my vehicles in the past, cars, truck, motorcycles including an Fj1200, Harley (fuel injected), and now my FJR. Never had a a fuel system problem on any of my vehicles yet. Not to say that this method will prevent any problems, but rather, I am trying to illustrate that it certainly won't hurt anything.

Just my $.02

This thread is really wandering away from fuel system cleaners.....LOL
That is the story on Evinrude......  The need no winter prep I would say because the engine and crankcase is still seeing oil from two-stroke operation so it is inherently fogged and protected against corrosion in storage.  The fuel injection system needs no real protection (where a carburetor would have needed draining or other prep) and the cooling system is likely self draining when it leaves the water.  Soo....nothing to do but park it.
I would still fog the combustion chambers prior to storage and would either run the gas to empty or use a fuel stabilizer prior to storage, i.e. StaBil or Fuel Fresh.